Advanced search

not to want my children to go to the other woman's house

(4 Posts)
crataegus Mon 14-Sep-09 18:35:28

Dh left last week to live with a neighbour. This neighbour's child is good friends with mine and DH has often looked after him after school as he does the child care whilst I'm at work. However much I hate it I feel I have to let him look after the all children in my house til I get home from work. This means her child around my house all the time. He is angry that I will not allow my children to go over to stay with him in her house. It's just across the road so it's no bother for him to come here if the children want to see him. Is it unreasonable to prevent my children going to stay at her house?

echofalls Mon 14-Sep-09 18:39:37

its still early days and I can imagine it would be very unsettling for the children so soon after the split. But long term I think you should not stop them going there. In my experience if you can separate your relationship problems from the parenting side of things, everything will work out fine if there is no annomosity from either side. Hope this makes sense. You are not in a very nice situation, but I'm sure it will get better with time. good luck smile

MrsEricBanaMT Mon 14-Sep-09 18:39:40

I hate to say it but I think YABU. I know it's hard and your angry, but that's no reason not to let your child play at his friends. But what a shitty situation. Feel for you.

echofalls Mon 14-Sep-09 18:41:30

sorry meant to add that my ex used to look after the kids in our old marital home but it didn't work out as he thought his feet were under the table so to speak, I eventually moved out to a rented house as he would not give his key back and regularly came into the house when I was at work .. making himself meals and leaving notes in my bed yuck!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: