Talk

Advanced search

to have my online shopping delivered to my office...

(22 Posts)
MichKit Mon 14-Sep-09 12:49:05

... so that DH doesn't realise how much I've been buying?

Just bought a stunning Ghost dress (thanks Dragon on Style and Beauty ) and have had it delivered to my office (its beautiful!!, the dress, not the office!!) I have had other stuff delivered to the office as well.

DH won't notice until I wear it, and then I tell him 'oh this old thing, have had it for ages, you never notice anything'... am I being cheeky

PrincessToadstool Mon 14-Sep-09 12:50:18

If you think you are spending too much then YABU

or is he controlling and disapproving when you spend money?

LyraSilvertongue Mon 14-Sep-09 12:51:47

If you're spending your own money, why do you need to hide it?

DemmitGel Mon 14-Sep-09 12:53:00

If you're hiding it because it's his (or your joint) money then YABU and deceitful.

If you're hiding it and it's your money then there's also something wrong so I would probably say YABU again.

TrillianAstra Mon 14-Sep-09 12:53:01

I have stuff delivered to work because I am there if it needs signing for.

YABU to be hiding your spending from your DH. If you can afford it you shouldn't need to hide it, if you can't afford it you shouldn't be spending it.

mumeeee Mon 14-Sep-09 13:00:59

YANBU to have stuff delivered to your ofice if you are allowed to, But YABU to hide what your are spending from you Dh.

PricklyVelvet Mon 14-Sep-09 13:40:34

i have stuff delivered to my work all the time, i work in a hospital. If i didnt then it would probably go missing at my address or before. if its your money then spend it how you like

DemmitGel Mon 14-Sep-09 13:44:27

Problem is not getting stuff delivered to work, that's fine, I do it all the time. But getting stuff delivered there to CONCEAL from husband, dodgy, unless is his birthday present or something which a Ghost dress is unlikely to be.

clumsymum Mon 14-Sep-09 13:49:18

Dh has stuff delivered to him at work all the time, just cos he knows it'll get signed for (I HATE trailing to the post office for missed deliveries).

It means if I want anything from Amazon, he buys it grin, cos his office address is registered to his credit card for deliveries.

shubiedoo Mon 14-Sep-09 13:50:10

I thought from your title that you meant food shopping, and had a vision of toilet rolls and potatoes and milk overtaking your desk, annoying your coworkers... smile

shootfromthehip Mon 14-Sep-09 13:52:33

shubie- I was the same. I know that most places have a minimum of £25 order and I thought, 'dear God, how big a lunch is that woman having?'

I agree with the secret spending comments though- why would you want to lie about something like that to you DH?

i to thought it was food shopping and had visions of tesco delivery person asking 'where would you like it' and op replying 'under the desk would be just fine!' lol

MichKit Mon 14-Sep-09 14:19:24

Oh, I don't lie to DH... he knows exactly how much I spend because he looks after the finances... and any personal spending is done with my money (after contributing to joint a/c)

Things only come to a head if I have it delivered home because he grumbles for hours about how much I spend (even if its not that much!!). That's the reason I get it delivered to the office, so I can avoid the grumbles and have a peaceful day!

MichKit Mon 14-Sep-09 14:20:19

LOL, at Tesco delivery though!! I think co-workers would have a lot to say about that

LyraSilvertongue Mon 14-Sep-09 14:42:02

Tell him to stop grumbling. It's your money to spend how you see fit.
What does he spend money on? And do you grumble about it?

squeaver Mon 14-Sep-09 14:44:09

I once worked with someone who had a Tesco delivery to the office. She had to put all the chilled stuff in the communal fridge. People were NOT happy.

UnquietDad Mon 14-Sep-09 14:45:27

Not at all unreasonable, as long as you'd think it was OK for him to spend £25 on football/ computer game/ whatever his interest is, without telling YOU.

UnquietDad Mon 14-Sep-09 14:46:21

Don't know where I got £25 from. Skimmed the thread and saw it mentioned in another reply. More like a couple of hundred I suppose!

MichKit Mon 14-Sep-09 15:06:52

Oh yeah, he spends a lot more on his music stuff. Have to bite tongue sometimes, but don't make too much fuss.

I just can't be bothered by the 'why do we need that, where did you get that, how much did you pay for that' every other day really... which is why I just don't bother getting stuff delivered at home!

MamaG Mon 14-Sep-09 15:11:33

oh GOd I used to get my tesco delivered to work

they don't delive rto my rural village and nobody else does

Sorry to any former co-workers (excpet John you cunt)

Hulababy Mon 14-Sep-09 15:14:26

Fine to have stuff delivered to work. But not ideal to have to be hiding what you buy and spend from your dh.

squeaver Mon 14-Sep-09 17:56:50

MamaG - this was in central London. Then she took it home on the tube, ffs. I don't think she quite got the idea, tbh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now