Talk

Advanced search

Pandora Bracelets

(39 Posts)
famishedass Sat 12-Sep-09 23:48:32

Am I missing something? Are these supposed to be desirable?

I was looking at these in a jewellers in Cribbs today and the basic bracelets are £52 or £250 for one with a gold clasp on shock and some of the links are £400 - and they don't even look all that nice for God's sake.

Why are we all supposed to like these. Come on own up, who'se got one?

tasteful my arse

FluffySaysTheDailyMailsShite Sat 12-Sep-09 23:50:20

I have a sliver one. It's half full, however, I've stopped buying them as I saw an episode of beastenders where Mo was wearing one! shock

famishedass Sat 12-Sep-09 23:51:16

Mo from eastenders!!!!! fuck me grin it don't get more classy than that.

LetThemEatCake Sat 12-Sep-09 23:51:32

I think they're hideous!! I much prefer my Mum's charm bracelet which she wore in the 60s and gave to me on my dd's 1st b'day smile

brimfull Sat 12-Sep-09 23:52:25

I agree I think they look like something a 12 yr old wears

famishedass Sat 12-Sep-09 23:53:10

Awww, LetThemEatCake that was lovely of your mum. My mums got one of those bracelets too but I've had 3 kids and she still hasn't given it to me, she must be waiting till she dies grin

FluffySaysTheDailyMailsShite Sat 12-Sep-09 23:54:05

I did love mine, not any more though. Too many people buying them, seeing Mo wearing one was the icing on the cake!

paisleyleaf Sun 13-Sep-09 00:00:03

I've got a charm bracelet, since I was around 16.
I only saw one of these Pandora ones for the first time a week or so ago, on a friend - and I have to say I thought it was lovely.

LaurieFairyCake Sun 13-Sep-09 00:02:35

I have one, I think it's lovely, I'm half way through collecting it.

Thankfully I don't watch Eastenders.

<bristles slightly>

scaryteacher Sun 13-Sep-09 19:34:32

I have both a Pandora and two Spinning bracelets, and think they are lovely. They are very fashionable where I am; and it means dh can always buy me a charm when he needs to get me a pressie.

newpup Sun 13-Sep-09 19:38:01

I prefer Links of London's sweetie bracelet.

victoriascrumptious Sun 13-Sep-09 19:45:15

I feel like I live in a completely different world sometimes

oldraver Sun 13-Sep-09 20:19:02

I had a look at the Pandora site when someone else on MN posted they were getting one. I have to say there are a few 'charms' that are ok, but most just look horrid and taccky for the price

My Mums seventies style charm bracelet has mementoes of people and places she has been so it means something even though she doesnt wear it

thesecondcoming Sun 13-Sep-09 20:23:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

alicet Sun 13-Sep-09 20:25:36

I have one. I think its gorgeous. yes lots of the charms are well tacky but I only have the tasteful ones!

I don't like them when they are rammed full of charms either, half full with a lot of the glass coloured beads is my cup of tea. I have a selection of charms that I vary to match what i am wearing!

DesperateHousewifeToo Sun 13-Sep-09 20:40:51

Are they the same as Trollbeads?

They seem to be rather a status symbol where my cousin lives. No-one else I know has any though.

diddl Sun 13-Sep-09 20:48:54

Hideous.
A "must have" rip off!

fin54 Sun 13-Sep-09 21:18:22

I have one and the necklace and I love them both.

mummytowillow Sun 13-Sep-09 21:44:00

I had one for my 40th and I LOVE IT! grin

Do agree that some of the charms are hideous, I don't go for the animals or beer glasses etc!!!! shock

cjones2979 Sun 13-Sep-09 21:49:53

I'm with newpup, much prefer the Links of London Sweetie Bracelet.
Pandora Bracelets look like something out of a Christmas Cracker. grin

[[No offense intended blush ]]

DoingTheBestICan Sun 13-Sep-09 21:58:19

I have a tiffany bracelet & dh buys me a new charm every Mothers day.

My Mum was hinting for a pandora bracelet for Christmas.

thesecondcoming Sun 13-Sep-09 22:03:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

IlanaK Sun 13-Sep-09 22:06:33

I have a Links of London charm bracelet with a charm for each of my three children plus one for me and dh (a single charm for both of us) so four charms all together. I absolutely love it. Not sure about ones with beads on though.

BigusBumus Sun 13-Sep-09 22:20:07

I've got one (had it 2 years) and excitedly set about filling it up with personal stuff (childrens initials etc) and i was the only person with one in this area.

But we have a woman in the area that does cheapo tacky jewellery parties and a fe months ago she got loads of fake ones direct from china. Now the entire village wears them.

Mine now lies redundant in its box. Could fetch a few quid on eBay though!

milknosugarplease Mon 14-Sep-09 10:26:11

never really looked at these before.

unusual! never seen anyone wear one! quitenice though

i love my links sweetie bracelet! but every tom dick harry AND george has one!!!! cries!!

m
x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now