Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to expect to know which emoticon I should use?

(10 Posts)
mrcerec Fri 11-Sep-09 19:11:26

I write things and then think "should I use a sceptical face or a wink face?" Anybody find this decision difficult blush or should it be smile

Habbibu Fri 11-Sep-09 19:13:04

Be radical. Use none. ever.

curiositykilled Fri 11-Sep-09 19:13:56

I sometimes struggle with the choice between shock and hmm

Geocentric Fri 11-Sep-09 19:15:33

I luuurve emoticons... I think we need a few more on MN...

Hassled Fri 11-Sep-09 19:20:26

Only use shock in an ironic sense.

hmm only ever really looks like you're completely disbelieving of whatever went on immediately before in the thread.

is either a bit sucky-uppy or a bit passive aggressive - e.g. I don't think that dress would really work on a self-confessed size 20 with a bit of a tum. Have you considered a tent? .

envy is seldom used. I'm going to be more overtly envious from now on.

Oxymoronic Fri 11-Sep-09 19:27:24

I was thinking about the emoticons on here (amazing what your mind turns to when you're doing the ironing grin) and wanted to bring all the best emoticons from all the diff programs I've used. Like I'd like the laughing one off yahoo messenger, and the msn slapping one off windows live messenger.

I really should find something more constructive to think about hmm

mrcerec Fri 11-Sep-09 20:16:00

Hassled - I'm jealous that you managed to use the envious emoticon - I've always wanted to do that but never could justify it envygrin

Yes Oxymoronic I think they need more emoticons - and ones you can just click on. On the other hand would more emoticons just give me more angst hmm (not sure was that a hmm statement)

thedolly Fri 11-Sep-09 20:30:06

mrcerec - I have exactly the same dilemma. For me a wink is a bit like poking your tongue out at someone.

But I only ever use a smile in a genuine 'if we were chatting I would be smiling now' way.

cocolepew Fri 11-Sep-09 20:35:21

I like to use this -> envy as a boak face. It's very versatile. grin or wink#
#Delete as applicable.

Mumcentreplus Fri 11-Sep-09 20:38:57

They need a real boak face!...envy doesn't cut it!..expand I say wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now