Talk

Advanced search

To think that courier companies could be more precise...?

(6 Posts)
poshsinglemum Fri 11-Sep-09 13:01:50

About what time thye are going to deliver?

They always say ''we'll deliver between eight am and six pm'' thus effectively making you a prisoner in your own home all day. They either arrive at ten to six pm or as was the case this morning at eight o'clock this morning when I was in the shower! Was left a calling card.
Mostly they get to mine late in the day though or arrive if I dare pop to the shops. AAAAggggrrrr!!!!

And most of my nieghbours work so it's not like I can get thme to wait for my purchases either. It really wouldn't hurt to have a more precise toime would it or an approximate time scale of a few hours.

poshsinglemum Fri 11-Sep-09 13:02:11

Rather than an entire day?

pooexplosions Fri 11-Sep-09 13:10:48

Seems shoddy to me. I've had lots of things delivered lately and I always ask that they call me when they are an hour away from my house. That way I hae notice and am not waiting around all day for them. Haven't had a problem, its in their interest not to have to come back to you again if they miss you, so are usually happy to do that.

You gotta ask for what you want! wink

PricklyVelvet Fri 11-Sep-09 17:40:08

shoot them all i say!!!

4madboys Fri 11-Sep-09 17:46:14

if you want a more precise time you can ring the depot in the morning and they may be able to give you a more precise time

my dp used to work as a courier, and it was a nightmare, they would go in to mountain of parcels that they would then have to sort and load and they have to plan their route depending on what they have etc, so it changed every day and they also have collections to do as well, which they often dont get until notice of till they are out on the road.

so before the actual day they have no idea what times they can deliver, they dont know what they are delivering till it arrivesa nd is sorted each day.

but do ring and ask, most are very helpful and will give you a rough idea, or you can always leave a signed note telling them a safe place to leave it

aendr Fri 11-Sep-09 18:28:16

Ringing the depot only works if you have any idea of what courier service is going to be used to deliver the parcel you've ordered - a lot of companies don't bother to hand on that information.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now