Talk

Advanced search

to expect a refund on a pair of Clarks trainers under the following circumstances?

(14 Posts)
hambler Fri 11-Sep-09 11:49:56

Bought them last Saturday , i.e. 6 days old.

Worn round the house and once last night at football training when the fault became apparent

They are the kind with the small chamber in the heel compartment which holds a small toy car.

The problem is when he runs the heel part of the insole slides forward and collapses into the chamber. As such they are unwearable for any kind of running around.

AIBU to expect a refund?

jeee Fri 11-Sep-09 11:51:35

I've had refunds on two pairs of shoes that have done this, and that was after a couple of months. So no, you're not BU.

etchasketch Fri 11-Sep-09 11:52:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PeedOffWithNits Fri 11-Sep-09 11:52:45

I HATE those shoes anyway, the insoles are so flimsy and bend from lifting to get at the toy - totally mad idea

BUT, it sounds like if the insole is actually moving around enough to collapse into the hole, they do not fit correctly OR there is something wrong with them

were they fitted in the store or did you just buy them yourself?

AttilaTheMeerkat Fri 11-Sep-09 11:54:01

You should receive a refund or exchange in this case as shoes are not fit for purpose (Sales of Goods Act).

Do you still have the receipt?

PrettyCandles Fri 11-Sep-09 11:54:07

YANBU.

DD had this problem a year or so ago. Clarks said that they had redesigned the shoes. It hasn't happened since. All the shoes of that iritating style that my dc have had since then have had a block of some foam or stiffener on that undersole to prevent it from slipping.

gorionine Fri 11-Sep-09 11:54:10

You are not BU. The shoe is obviously faulty.

yorkyporky Fri 11-Sep-09 12:01:24

YANBU I got a pair of shoes exchanged after more than a term for a similar reason. I've never had any problem getting exchanges or refunds from clarks.

hambler Fri 11-Sep-09 12:21:22

wow thanks all!
I do have the receipt.

Peed, good question!

Measured by so called trained fitter as one and a half H.

That size not in stock so in that miraculous Clarks way when suddenly the careful sizing does not matter, he was given a 2 G to try. The assistant poked and prodded and said they were fine.

Ds loved them and said they were comfortable.

So yes, I think they are probably a bit too big

GeneHunt Fri 11-Sep-09 12:29:02

I took a pair of trainers back to Clark's last week. The assistant was a little snippy but gave me my money back.

curiositykilled Fri 11-Sep-09 12:30:34

YANBU - If an item is faulty you are entitled to a refund whether or not you even have a receipt.

Haylstones Fri 11-Sep-09 12:37:56

I bought ds a pair of shoes from Clarks but after 2 weeks thought they were a little tight so took him back (wearing them)- they remeasured his feet, said they were a size too small and gave me a new pair. I also took a pair of dd's school shbackafter a term because they were fallin apart. If they will exchange for that I'm sure you'll be fine!

fifitot Fri 11-Sep-09 12:55:25

Clarks usually pretty good on customer service ime.

hambler Fri 11-Sep-09 17:00:12

well I am back from the shops.
They gave me my money back with no problem whatsoever.

The assistant was very friendly and helpful
Whew!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now