Talk

Advanced search

Am i being paranoid??

(11 Posts)
usedtobeme Fri 11-Sep-09 09:36:45

My ds has just started school.

last week we had an incident with our teenage dog walker and his friends stealing money, bottles of brandy and gin, beer and a head torch from our house and ended up getting the police to have a word with them partly because the parents of the boy we don't know (the friend of our dog walker)refused to take our complaints seriously.

The boys mother is the cleaner at my ds school and is friendly with the women who is 'playground assistant'.

This moring my ds says to me 'you're not allowed to put your hands in your pockets in school.

seems the playground assistant told my ds in the PLAYGROUND that he wasn't to stand with his hands in his pockets.

Am i reading too much into this??

etchasketch Fri 11-Sep-09 09:41:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Tidey Fri 11-Sep-09 09:42:52

Is your concern that the playground assistant is going to start picking on your son for spurious reasons due to this incident? I can't actually see why this woman would tell your son that, actually. I'd keep an eye on the situation and talk to the school if it seems like she's telling him off over stupid things like that.

Rindercella Fri 11-Sep-09 09:43:09

I don't think usedtobe lets him walk her dog anymore smile

I really hope you are 'just' being paranoid and that there is nothing more sinister to this...it would be awful if a couple of grown women were to start a mini vendetta on a small child.

What was the mother's reaction to you when the police had a chat with her son?

i would ask ds to tell you anything that playground ass says, but running around with hands in pockets is dangerous as if they fall they will land on face. keep an eye

Tidey Fri 11-Sep-09 09:45:19

There were too many actually's in that post, I must remember to preview.

etchasketch Fri 11-Sep-09 09:45:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Tidey Fri 11-Sep-09 09:46:00

lol at 'playground ass' grin

BroodyChook Fri 11-Sep-09 09:47:33

I would be wary of jumping to conclusions tbh. It's perfectly possible that the assistant told your son to keep his hands out of his pockets so that if he fell he'd be able to save his face. Small children rarely give you the full story/context <remembers confronting teacher over something completely innocent after being informed by 5 year old son 'Miss X made a little girl stand on a chair until she wee'd'>

Rindercella Fri 11-Sep-09 10:06:26

But then some people can just be vindictive bitches. When I started infant school, there was a woman who didn't really like our family - not sure why. She used to specifically pick on me because I was the smallest. Things like forcing me to chew on piece of gristle until I swallowed it. It was disgusting and I was gagging and nearly choking on it, but she forced me to eat it as I hadn't cleared my plate hmm I was 5 years old. She was a school dinner assistant and this was a way she could have power over us. Nasty bitch.

Anyway, that was many years ago. The best thing is to keep an eye on things and make sure your DS does not receive any unfair treatment.

usedtobeme Fri 11-Sep-09 10:56:21

Thanks for replies.

I did ask ds what he was doing and he wasn't running with hands in pockets.

He does this hands in the pockets thing when he is feeling uncomfortable and standing around. Similar to when he is having his picture taken and feeling embarrassed.

I can't help feeling she was looking for something to tell him off over.

The other boys mother had phoned our dog walkers mother ranting about how we were over reacting BY INVOLVING THE POLICE.

Sh ethen brought her son over and he gave us a half hearted apology and she said she'd found this 'bag of money in his room'... 'but its just loose change' hmm

The loose change was from my sons piggy bank and amounted to over ten quid. Patronising cow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now