Talk

Advanced search

to crawl back to MN for money?

(6 Posts)
WK007 Thu 10-Sep-09 23:46:38

Have been part of MN since 2003 but broke my addiction (thanks to demanding uni course and mum being quite ill) about 2 years ago and only made it back a handful of times since. Come on to lurk every now and again but by the time I read through tonnes of interesting threads I've lost the ability to post blush.

But just signed up to do a sponsored abseil of 177ft for Marie Curie, after my mum and 3 friends have been diagnosed with various cancers throughout the last few years so am now shamelessly plugging it everywhere I know of (or may be vaguely known at) for as much cash as possible.

AIBU to pop my head up again and finally get round to posting just to ask for money? grin

EmmyLou Fri 11-Sep-09 00:00:24

No.

waitingforfanjo Fri 11-Sep-09 00:38:18

Maybe. I'm not sure. I just don't like asking people I don't know for sponsorship.

I just get fed up of being constantly rung up, or stopped in the street or people knocking on the door for money for charity, that I feel that being asked on a website for money is just another variation. But IA probably BU.

I know I sound like a mean old hag, but I do 'get' why your doing it. My brother lost his wife to breast cancer at age 42 when their children were just 9, 13 and 15 and I would not wish anyone to go through that. But because of that I already give regularly to a cancer charity, so I just don't want to be asked for money by people I don't know.

HecatesTwopenceworth Tue 15-Sep-09 07:49:51

Not at all. Plug away. Some people may sponsor you, some won't. there's no harm at all in asking.

Bannyfucket Tue 15-Sep-09 07:54:44

Good luck.

littleducks Tue 15-Sep-09 07:58:40

Well in this instance i wont be sponsoring but im not offended about it at all, or even a bit hmm about it like the vote for my baby in the cutest/funniest/messiest baby comp threads

If you had been on my antenatal threads/i recognised/remembered your name i would prob give a small amount

Good luck wit the abseiling smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now