Talk

Advanced search

to not want to invite this snotty kid to DDs party?

(7 Posts)
Eve4Walle Thu 10-Sep-09 13:25:57

DDs 6th birthday coming up. Party at Pizza Express and invitations written as per DDs decision on who she wants to invite from school.

DD gets a bus to school and back each day (arranged by local council as we live in the sticks). One of the kids she wants to ask gets the bus too. This morning, I hear this other girl being stroppy and telling DD not to sit next to her because she doesn't like her anymore. Have to leave at this point so don't know how DD dealt with it, but am sure she can hold her own with this other kid.

Invites haven't been given out, and now I'm inclined to leave this other girl off the list.

Is this wrong? Begrudge paying £9.95 for her when she's nasty to my precious!

AntdamnTheDM Thu 10-Sep-09 13:28:16

Hate to say, but they will probably end up being friends again by the end of the day

smile

tinkerbellesmuse Thu 10-Sep-09 13:29:34

Jeez there wouldn't be any 6 year old girls going to any parties anywhere on that basis.

They are horrid (and lovely) to each other all day long. Tis what they do!

StayFrosty Thu 10-Sep-09 13:29:57

yanbu to feel like that, but little girls say stuff like that to each other all the time; I would ask your dd what this child is normally like, she might have been having a tired/stroppy/first week back moment and be lovely 99% of the time.

But I feel your pain, it comes from a primal place wink

Bigmouthstrikesagain Thu 10-Sep-09 13:35:27

yabu - because 5/6 year olds are not particularly nice to each other all the time. my ds is constantly falling out and making up with his 'friends' - everytime we go to visit someone with similar age children (my ds is 5 and in yr 1) - they are telling each other they love them one minute and the hate them and they smell of poo and wee - the next!

If I took every comment like that to heart then I would have banned all of ds friends from the house! (and ds would be friendless!) - bullying is one thing that is never acceptable - but a bit of grumpy behaviour from a 6 year old should not mark her down as a social pariah. Give her a chance to redeem herself!smile

Hulababy Thu 10-Sep-09 13:38:42

I am afraid this is just what little girls and little boys are like at this age. I work in a Y1 class and the chldren all seem to be delightful so far when in class, but go outside when they think no one is watching and they fall out, bicker and say mean things to one another and then are best buddies again the next minute.

Even the lovliest of children are capable of it at times especially when tired, not feelign well or just feeling grumpy.

diddl Thu 10-Sep-09 13:39:38

YABU.

It´s up to your daughter.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now