Talk

Advanced search

to be narked with M&S .....for not having ANY shoes in my size?

(10 Posts)
RubyBlueberry Wed 09-Sep-09 20:54:13

Do I have huge feet? They are only a size 8. grin

I really wanted some of those short boots and the biggest size they had was 7 1/2, grr.

Overmydeadbody Wed 09-Sep-09 20:57:44

YABU

There are nicer places to shop than M&S, unless you are over 65.

wildfig Wed 09-Sep-09 21:01:49

YANBU

I am a size 8 too, and they never ever have enough 8s, even at Marble Arch, or online where they should have everything fgs. I got so annoyed last time I'd trailed over to Oxford Street and found nothing bigger than a 6 that I asked to see the floor manager who said that there were no 8s left 'because it's not a popular size'. I pointed out that it was so unpopular that every single one had sold in most styles, and she said, 'Well, when I say not popular...'

7 1/2s are just rubbing it in.

deaddei Thu 10-Sep-09 09:09:07

I'm a size 9 and you should try getting those on the high street!

RubyBlueberry Thu 10-Sep-09 14:23:48

OMDB - have you not seen this seasons limited edition shoes!! They are LUSH!!
here ..... this link

RubyBlueberry Thu 10-Sep-09 14:24:43

deaddei you could go to tall and small at Saxone, my sister has size 9 1/2 to 10 (to be fair she is 6ft 1)

WhereYouLeftIt Thu 10-Sep-09 17:35:10

Have you checked if they have the ones you want online? I often have to use online, my local store is quite small and often doesn't have the size/colour combination I want.

bibbitybobbityhat Thu 10-Sep-09 17:44:11

Sympathies.

Every time to go to M&S, for whatever I want ranging from socks to coats for the 4 of us in our family, they never ever have all the things I want in the sizes we want. And I go to a very big M&S in Bromley.

Last time I went I wanted to buy uniform: 2 cardigans, 6 polo shirts, 2 skirts, 3 pairs of trousers, a pair of shorts, and a 5 pack of boys underpants.

I came away with 0 cardigans, 2 polo shirts, 1 skirt, 1 pair of trousers, 0 shorts, 0 underpants. Just because they didn't have any/adequate stock in my dc sizes (10 years and 6 years).

That's no way to run a business is it?

RubyBlueberry Thu 10-Sep-09 19:53:15

It's not! Let's start a petition! [grin}
They had brown online but not black. Boo

bibbitybobbityhat Thu 10-Sep-09 20:14:25

Could always start a petition. I will tell them I spent my money in BHS and Sainsbury instead grin.

Or we could have yet another thread on the things we hate about M & S. Haven't had one of those in about, ooo, 2 months I think wink.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now