Talk

Advanced search

to be horrified that Blackpool pleasure beach now charge simply to walk through the gates?

(7 Posts)
Millimat Wed 09-Sep-09 19:45:51

Do they really? Want to take DCs (2 nd 5) to see the lights on Sat but have been told that it is now £5 each just to walk through even without going on a ride?
Am I missing something? hmm

famishedass Wed 09-Sep-09 19:46:50

you can see the lights without going into the amusement park

Disenchanted3 Wed 09-Sep-09 19:48:17

we always went for a walk round the rides and bought single tickets to the alice in wonderland ride would cost us about £35 for us to go on that 1 ride now hmm

AnyFucker Wed 09-Sep-09 20:21:24

I believe that since they started to charge you for the "ambience" (yes, it really says that on the website...) of the Pleasure Beach it has been dead as a do-do all summer

what a surprise !!

bloody ridiculous, I thought they were trying to attract more visitors, not send them all away

Squishabelle Wed 09-Sep-09 20:35:47

One more reason for never having to set foot in Blackpool again.

Ceebee74 Wed 09-Sep-09 20:40:40

I know - crap isn't it? I used to love wandering round and just going on the odd ride (or none at all).

Me and DH go to Blackpool a lot (I know - saddos with nowt better to do at weekends wink) and would love to take DS1 who is just old/big enough for the children's rides or just a wander round would probably be enough to keep him entertained - but we can't do it now sad

Just walk down the front and check out the illuminations or get a tram - much more fun for half the price grin

Millimat Wed 09-Sep-09 22:30:33

Think there may be some small rides for little children near the Pier?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now