Talk

Advanced search

to think that I should still be able to get school uniform even though school has started

(17 Posts)
MumtoCharlieandLola Wed 09-Sep-09 19:34:32

I am so frustrated !!!

I want to shout at somebody, some buyer (who I am sorry to say, is probably a bloke), who has decided that if you dont have school uniform by now, you will never want it until next bloody June !!!! angry angry

I have struggled to get blue school shirts with long sleeves for my ds1 and trousers for both him and my ds2.

I have been into the high street stores, and got the last blue long sleeve shirts on the planet, but only four (and I need five to save me washing half way through the week).

Tonight I have been online to Asda (and they have the cheek to advertise at the top of this page !!!!), Tesco, Next, Marks and Spencer, Littlewoods, and British Home Stores and could I hell get shirts.

I spoke to someone in Asda today and she said she is getting dozens of people asking her every day and Asda arent getting anymore uniforms (trousers, shirts etc) in their warehouse. As the woman infront of me complaining said, who wants to buy uniform at the end of the school year for the next when your kids are still growing.

Why dont these stores listen to the complaints of their customers ?? Why are they so interest in clearing their warehouse at the beginning of September to store naffing Christmas Cards and tins of sweets !!! Surely I am not the only frustrated mother in this situation ???? angry

famishedass Wed 09-Sep-09 19:43:02

YANBU but why have you struggled to buy school trousers?

4 shirts is plenty. Make him wear one twice if you don't want to wash through the week. Didn't know there there was such a thing as people who didn't have to do a wash load mid-week grin

Ninks Wed 09-Sep-09 19:48:57

YANBU, children grow.

I really miss Adams and Woolworths.

<<Gets banned by HQ>>

NeedCoffee Wed 09-Sep-09 19:50:55

Ninks, isn't Adams still open? they are near me

Op YANBU Tesco had cages full of them when I went in today and the shelves and racks where empty, I don't know if they where filling up or taking away though.

Buda Wed 09-Sep-09 19:53:19

John Lewis?

Ninks Wed 09-Sep-09 19:53:29

Ours went ages ago sad but good to know they haven't gone completely <<googles>> thanks.

NeedCoffee Wed 09-Sep-09 19:55:31

lol Google St Stephens, not sure whats going on with them as they keep having various sales, then have bogohp on normal stuff but not sale, then bogof on full price, then bogof on sale stuff, then everything half price...

Ninks Wed 09-Sep-09 19:57:45

Cheers smile

MumtoCharlieandLola Wed 09-Sep-09 20:21:33

Thanks Buda, just tried John Lewis, no joy (though they did have 8-9 year olds, tempted to buy for next year !!)

I try not to do mid week washing famishedass, I work full time (and then some) so if I can avoid it I will - if only I had realised how loud my washing machine/dryer is before I took down the wall and went for open plan !!! grin

I would also love to get my ds to wear the same shirt twice but he is such a scruff, theres usually food, or grass stains or something unidentifiable on his shirt each day - I would give Oxclean/vanish a run for their money !!!

I suppose theres a lesson to be learned in not leaving things to the last minute sad

pollywobbledoodle Wed 09-Sep-09 20:34:49

look online at eg m and s with their 90 day return policy....people buy uniforms in 2 sizes early/mid summer, hold onto them to see how much their child will grow by next school year then return the one that doesn't fit

tobago04 Wed 09-Sep-09 20:38:44

Woolworths is online now if that helps?smile

Hulababy Wed 09-Sep-09 20:41:41

Woolworths?

MumtoCharlieandLola Wed 09-Sep-09 20:55:59

Thanks Ive tried M&S online, but will keep looking for returns.

I tried Woolworths and their set up was v. similar to another website I have been on tonight and again, they are sold out of blue shirts.

Thanks for your support ladies.

Flibbertyjibbet Wed 09-Sep-09 20:59:36

Next online has everything. Including long sleeve shirts in blue and white.
I've just ordered ds1 some more school trousers no problem.

tjmsmum Wed 09-Sep-09 21:10:00

Try schooluniformshop.co.uk
I even got shorts
My son started school on Monday. No-one told me that I should have bought everything at least 3 months ago. I didnt get told by the school what uniform to buy until end of July. I got looked at as if I was deranged when I tried to buy school shoes over the weekend. Clarks had zero plain black shoes left. Anyone know where to get plain navy shorts?

MumtoCharlieandLola Wed 09-Sep-09 21:18:48

Thanks FJ, Ive found some shirts, for some strange reason I had looked at the pictures of the white shirts and decided they mustnt have any blue ones (obviously getting too frustrated to think straight !!!!).

Hurrah,

Still doesnt excuse the big stores for running out of uniform this early in September angry

crumpet Wed 09-Sep-09 21:38:49

The Trutex website had what I needed, and delivered promptly too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now