Advanced search

AIBU to be really nervous

(5 Posts)
MissSunny Tue 08-Sep-09 21:42:02

Message withdrawn

scottishmummy Tue 08-Sep-09 21:45:09

oh how exciting and well done for volunteering

generalunrest Tue 08-Sep-09 22:19:40

I think you're being incredibly brave, and I don't mean that in a patronising way. Instead of tutting at home at the stories you hear in the news about families who struggle (and sometimes fail) to bring up their children, you're actually doing something to help them.

What your team leader has said sounds like they're just trying to prepare you and in words it's like a worst case scenario, but that's not necessarily what you're going to encounter.

Who wouldn't be scared shitless of the unknown?? I really hope it goes well for you smile

thesecondcoming Tue 08-Sep-09 22:25:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MermaidSpam Tue 08-Sep-09 22:41:47

Of course YANBU. Along with the change comes a huge responsibility but you wouldn't have gone for the role if you weren't prepared. You sound pretty level headed about the job, I think the only advice I would give is to learn quite quickly to detach yourself from anything you see that you don't like. I have the same rules in my role in regard to the Dc's names, school, etc and thought it would be a challenge but TBH it's second nature now. You'll be surprised how much rapport you can build just by showing someone that you care.
Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now