Talk

Advanced search

to wonder why some people are such misery guts at work?

(4 Posts)
grumblinalong Tue 08-Sep-09 16:13:54

I've just had a really rude work colleague phone me up and demand to know why my boss has left it late to book a room in our building for a meeting tomorrow (he asked this morning). I replied I didn't know, he booked it, not me but is it ok if he has the room anyway? She then went on to say 'Well I want to know why he's left it so late before I decide whether or not he can have it.'

FFS - it's a feckin room, he's not asking her to donate an organ. Why are some people so totally and utterly miserable and obstructive at work? If you're getting paid to do a job why be so bloody put out when someone asks you to do it. I'm probably being unreasonable because she's probably had a hard day blah, blah, blah but honestly. It really grates on me.

EyeballsintheSky Tue 08-Sep-09 16:16:12

Maybe someone else wants it and she's been put in an awkward position over who gets it. Room bookings bring out the worst in people here as well

LaurieFairyCake Tue 08-Sep-09 16:18:01

I would have said:

"email that to my boss, I'm sure he will be happy to provide you with a reason for why he left it so late".
Shall I let him know you don't want to book the room until he emails you".

And then I would send the email to your boss stating what she required and copy her and her boss in on it.

Job sorted. Mad, aggressive loon called on it. grin

grumblinalong Tue 08-Sep-09 16:22:48

Ah I sent my boss an email (he's gone home ill this aft) but didn't copy her or her boss in on it. Should have done Laurie.

I told her it was for a CAF meeting for a vulnerable young person and she said 'I don't care.' Wtf?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now