Talk

Advanced search

to think the CTC office should know how long a Child Benefit number should be?

(5 Posts)
ElieRM Tue 08-Sep-09 13:50:49

We applied for CTC before we got our CB notice through. CTC office said this was fine; they would be able to find CB number themselves.
When we rang 2 months later, was told they needed CB number, which I duly gave them. They'd made numerous other cock ups in processing application, and it's all just been a bloody nightmare.
Rang last Thurs to be told it hadn't been assessed because we hadn't given the CB number hmm
Then went into Inland Revenue office yesterday; the delay was because I'd given them the right CB number but it was too long, as I'd read all the digits that were next to where it said CB number on CB letter.
AIBU to think that CTC people should have more idea about correct length of CB number than me? Given that this is what has been holding up application for three months and is the reason we're living off credit cards?

madamearcati Tue 08-Sep-09 14:45:29

YANBU but very naive to think a govt agency would know its elbow from its proverbial!!
Write a letter to them outlining their cock ups and tell them you are copying it to your MP.
hope you get it sorted soon !

junglist1 Tue 08-Sep-09 20:35:18

You expect a CTC office to KNOW SOMETHING????!!!!! YABVVVVVU grin
Agree with the above poster get your MP on the case asap.

ElieRM Wed 09-Sep-09 10:54:34

Shall do! Thanks for advice. Do they do the same to everyone?

MissSunny Wed 09-Sep-09 10:59:44

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now