Talk

Advanced search

to expect schoolkids not to take someone else's uniform home?

(4 Posts)
BigMomma3 Mon 07-Sep-09 16:00:57

1st day back to school and DS's brand new and clearly named school jumper has gone missing from his peg angry. He insists he put it there and he did not loose it!

AIBU to expect Yr3 kids to read the name on school uniform/coats etc so they take the right one home? In the last few years, I have lost count of how much stuff has gone astray - jumpers, coats, trousers!! At what blardy age does it stop!!

Hulababy Mon 07-Sep-09 16:04:41

But cloakrooms are so busy and there is never enough room in them for all the clothes and all the children.

I am afraid children, of any age IME, never think to read the labels - they pick up the one they think is their own and head out without a moment's glance. I don't think it ever stops really. Have known it with almost all classes in secondary I have taught at too.

We have to just hope that the error is noticed once they get home and the parents bring them in.

It is very very frustrating I know. Luckily we have always managed to find any missing items within a short period of time.

BrieVanDerKamp Mon 07-Sep-09 16:06:29

I don't think it does stop, my daughter (13) had her PE t shirt taken home by one of her class mates after PE.

She realised she didn't have it and checked the changing rooms for it straight away, it wasn't there so obviously someone took it.

Like yours....clearly named etc

I can only assume that when the parent or kid realises they've got something that doesn't belong to them they just get rid of it.......it is bloody ridiculous and annoying.

PuppyMonkey Mon 07-Sep-09 16:08:58

Kids are all as bad as each other at this. Knobs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now