Talk

Advanced search

to be bloody annoyed with chuffing Asda

(20 Posts)
Flower3545 Mon 07-Sep-09 13:26:32

I did a huge online shop yesterday, stocked up on nappies, wipes, milk. Also ordered some stuff for meals today and sandwich stuff for Dh for work tomorrow.

I knew I was stuck in today, British Gas grrr, but thats another AIBU altogether.

Anyway, shopping due between 11 and 1pm and at 11.30am I get a phone call:

"Mrs Flower, it's about your delivery today, I'm afraid we won't be able to deliver to you today after all, would you like me to re-order for you for tomorrow"

"why can't you deliver today" I ask "it's technical" I'm told.

"Technical how" I ask, I'm still being polite at this stage but only just.

"I am authorised (said in a whisper) to waive the delivery charge, just this once"

"Oh thats kind I say, the baby will be pleased that although she won't have milk today I'm a few quid better off. Well actually I'll be over £100 quid better off cos you can't deliver any of it can you"angry

"well its the system" he says "it's crashed, but it isn't just you, we have 168 customers not getting their deliveries too. So shall I re-order for you?"

"No thanks I'll be off elsewhere I'm afraid"

GoldenSnitch Mon 07-Sep-09 13:39:19

Cheeky F-ers!!

Waive the delivery charge just this once!! shock

I should bloody think so. I got £10 back from Tesco just cause some scampi I ordered were not up to scratch!! I'd have expected the same at least for a non-delivery.

OtterInaSkoda Mon 07-Sep-09 13:45:12

YANBU - "just this once"?!?!? I should bleeding cocoa! angry

Anyway if the system has crashed then how did they know who to call, and how could he possibly reorder for you? He won't know what to order, surely? If they know who has ordered what, they've no excuse imo.

Sounds like something else has gone wrong (all their delivery vans have spontaneously combusted, all their packing staff have called in sick) and naturally it's all "IT's fault". I wish people wouldn't lie when things go wrong. It really winds me up.

Poledra Mon 07-Sep-09 13:47:59

Tesco refunded me the delivery charge when my delivery was 20 minutes late. The van had a puncture, and the driver had called ahead to let me know he was going to be late and make sure it was still OK to deliver. And they still gave me the delivery charge back.

clayre Mon 07-Sep-09 13:51:17

once when asda delivered to me there was no delivery note and a very apologetic driver saying their system had gone down and there was no paperwork, he asked me to check my shopping with my email to make sure everything was there and if it wasnt i had to call them to get a refund, my receipt arrived int he post a few days later with an apology.

SouthMum Mon 07-Sep-09 13:51:56

YANBU

Get yourself to Tesco instead, they have got a sale on babywipes and nappies atm (£6 for 9 packs of huggies wipes and £10 for a box of 82 Pampers baby-dry)

No I don't work for Tesco and yes I am THAT sad that I can remember where the special offers are sad

stickylittlefingers Mon 07-Sep-09 14:01:28

YANBU - asda did that to me too, because they couldn't find my house (the way houses completely disappear - and I don't live in the middle of the country, just on a normal suburban street) - and were just going to deliver it some other time, apparently, while I waited around in my house like a devoted girlfriend for the phone to ring. I felt I had better things to do!

shelleylou Mon 07-Sep-09 14:06:31

that happened to me only i didnt get the phone call to tell me it couldnt be delivered.I had to phone to find where it was then repeatedly phone back. I had the last shop of the day which didnt help. Ended up getting it 3 days later as they had already taken the money out of my account but there was a technical problem

ObsidianBlackbirdMcNight Mon 07-Sep-09 14:10:53

Do NOT I repeat NOT order shopping online from Asda. I used to do it, never had a problem until they started updating their website and systems. In the last 6 weeks they have fucked up twice. First time, they authorised the payment twice leaving my account empty, and causing two direct debits to bounce. Two weeks and many phonecalls later they refunded me the 50 quid bank charges plus a tenner goodwill voucher. Fine. Then last week they didn't register an amendment to my order but processed it as two seperate orders. The first was delivered when I wasn't home so they took it away, but authorised the payment (for those that don't know, that means the bank witholds it from you until the transaction is completed - if the company doesn't complete the transaction it is returned to you in ten working days) which meant there was no money available for the order I wanted the next day. The woman on the phone didn't believe that I hadn't placed two orders until I quoted the confirmation of amendment email at her.
Then they refused to contact my bank to release the original funds, citing 'data protection' (strange that they had been able to do it 4 weeks previously). So...they agreed to deliver 2nd order without charging me, and we agreed that I would call them when the funds were released to pay for the second order. They didn't do this but tried daily to take funds for the 2nd order until there was money in my account - so when my tax credits went in on thursday they went out again angry. Finally they deigned to contact my bank to release original funds, thereby allowing me to go and do my week's shopping in store. Fuck asda home delivery. angry

FabBakerGirlIsBack Mon 07-Sep-09 14:11:42

Tesco did this to me as well giving me 1 hours notice. I had to leave the kids with dh and go out in the snow to get baby milk and food. I have not used them since.

FabBakerGirlIsBack Mon 07-Sep-09 14:12:11

And of course YANBU.

Prinpo Mon 07-Sep-09 14:13:01

YANBU, although I have to say that Asda have always been great with us - never miss a delivery and get it pretty much right, whereas when we tried Tesco they buggered it up twice and didn't attempt to put things right (once they only delivered half the order, second time didn't show up - neither time due to my incompetence, which makes a change).

Whoever it is, when they balls things up they need to actually try to make things better and not act as though they're bestowing some great gift by waiving a poxy delivery charge. How about a £50 voucher?

mumblechum Mon 07-Sep-09 14:13:57

I've only used Asda online once as they delivered 3 hours late and substituted Lynx body spray for Linguine. Yes. They are of course very closely related hmm

curiositykilled Mon 07-Sep-09 14:15:07

Tesco delivered rotten chicken to me once. It was rotten and out of date. shock They said all they could do was refund the cost of the chicken (£2.00). I have NEVER used them since. Chicken is about the worst thing to send out of date....

Sainsburys I have found to be much better but will not try asda as they can't seem to manage to sell fresh or in date produce in the store - I wrote their delivery service off without trying it.

Flower3545 Mon 07-Sep-09 14:18:03

I've re-ordered my shop from Tescos now and I've cancelled my credit card details with Asda just in case I forget and automatically start a shop with them again.

It's lucky that I have enough nappies (please don't poo again little one) and milk until either Dh gets home or my chuffing boiler is repaired and I can nip to the shops myself.

Is it too early for sherry?hmm

Prinpo Mon 07-Sep-09 14:20:39

Never too early for sherry wink.

Flower3545 Mon 07-Sep-09 14:33:17

Oh thank godwink

missmelly Mon 07-Sep-09 14:36:46

my Sainsbury order was 30mins late last week and they gave me a £10 voucher. They had called to tell me it would be late though.

LifeOfKate Mon 07-Sep-09 19:23:57

YANBU

Although I'm like Prinpo and have never had a problem with Asda home delivery, aside from their slightly bizarre substitutions. My favourite was the pack of bread mix we ordered being substituted with a loaf of bread (bless 'em, I can see the logic, but we already had a perfectly good loaf of bread and wanted a pack of bread mix to make bread at some point in the future), and someone at work was telling me about their friend who ordered curry paste and got bananas!!

Flower3545 Thu 10-Sep-09 10:42:27

Quick updateangryangryangry

The fekkers have only gone and bloody charged me for the shopping they didn't deliver, I'm so angry I could crysad

I've rang and someone will look into this, possibly today, could be tomorrow cos they are very busy, in the meantime I'm £88 out of pocket, money we can ill afford GRRRRRRRRR

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now