Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To think that a £2 voucher from Branstons is a bit mean

(12 Posts)
mariemarie Sun 06-Sep-09 21:22:23

I had a tin of ravioli last week that contained just 6 pieces of ravioli in a watery tomato sauce.

I rang the number for complaints on the tin and they were lovely, they said it was probably an "end of line" tin and would send me some vouchers to compensate.

A letter of apology arrived yesterday together with two £1 vouchers. The tin probably cost me nearly £1 so I was expecting more than than.

Do you think thats a bit mean? I did tell the lady that we were away camping at the weekend and the ravioli was for the DC. And it meant I had to go out to buy alternative food which was expensive from the site shop.

DogAgain Sun 06-Sep-09 21:23:25

Message withdrawn

SoupDragon Sun 06-Sep-09 21:24:21

So, you had one duff tin that cost you less than £1 and you're whining about receiving £2 in vouchers???

DogAgain Sun 06-Sep-09 21:25:10

Message withdrawn

LuluMaman Sun 06-Sep-09 21:25:41

yeargh

YABU

tinned ravioli is disguting

you have had more than twice the value back of the product you bought

so your tin of ravioli was disappointing. it really is a bit meh in the grand scheme of things

harleyd Sun 06-Sep-09 21:26:07

dont be so greedy

SoupDragon Sun 06-Sep-09 21:27:22

why were you feeding your children tinned ravioli anyway? Couldn't you have given them some nice sausage rolls and a fruit shoot?

mariemarie Sun 06-Sep-09 21:27:33

Well, its just that when I originally posted about this on here last week, lost of people said that I should complain and gave me examples of what they got when they complained.

Its not so much the cost of the tin, but the inconvenience of it. My DH works in a food factory and they compensate much more generously.

mariemarie Sun 06-Sep-09 21:34:53

I bought tinned ravioli because we were going camping and needed a few tinned items incase the weather wasnt good enough to barbeque outside, which it wasnt.

You may think its disgusting but my DC like it and its not going to do them any harm every now and again.

If anyone has any good ideas for food to take on a camping trip for a family of 5 with no fridge and limited space I would appreciate them. We were camping for 4 days and the supermarket was 15 miles away. I know there are always small shops around but they tend to be expensive and the whole point of camping is that its a cheap holiday for us.

TigerFeet Sun 06-Sep-09 21:36:39

I work for a food production company and we probably wouldn't compensate more than that.

I would let it go tbh.

busybutterfly Sun 06-Sep-09 21:38:28

I bought some fruit drinks (not going to name them!) and the straws were missing. I rang to complain and spoke to a lovely chap who sent me £10 worth of vouchers and some vouchers for a new product they're launching. Great customer service smile and if you're reading this, thanks Joe!

mumofdjandbabies Sun 06-Sep-09 21:42:36

i think mean too from their perspective and people are being a bit mean to you too on here grin

yanbu

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now