Talk

Advanced search

OH MY GOD. Could I BE any more irritable??

(47 Posts)
LetThemEatCake Sun 06-Sep-09 19:07:23

bear in mind that I am nearly 38 weeks pregnant so much of this is prob as much down to hormones as to my generally unpleasant nature

BUT

Oh. My. God. EVERYTHING is irritating me so much. Had a text from a friend who has just come back from hols saying "Is baby still with mummy?" and the simpering-ness of it made me nearly hurl the phone through the window

Have been waiting for another friend to return the carseat I loaned her when she had her baby last year for WEEKS (I had another thread about this) - have asked her for it, have offered to go to hers and pick it up, and finally resorted to saying "I need it this weekend without fail" and had a text back from her saying "bit busy this weekend .. could perhaps drop it around Tues" (background info - she has one child, I have two toddlers and could give birth any day now) Told her not good enough so I am getting it from her tonight ... but fear I may shout at her....

and even just the THOUGHT of some people is annoying me!!!!

I am a bad, bad person.

cocolepew Sun 06-Sep-09 19:09:26

Is it because we didn't like your cardi ?sad

EleanoraBuntingCupcake Sun 06-Sep-09 19:10:02

yes sorry about the cardie.

ObsidianBlackbirdMcNight Sun 06-Sep-09 19:10:53

No you are a pregnant person and as such are incapable of being unreasonable, as any level of crabbiness is reasonable when you are that pregnant!

nevergoogledragonbutter Sun 06-Sep-09 19:10:55

...or the checked shirt with the funny collar?
grin

differentID Sun 06-Sep-09 19:11:25

Message withdrawn

EleanoraBuntingCupcake Sun 06-Sep-09 19:11:37

the baby seat thing is not good enough, i would be more than irratable.

i got really pmty just before i went into labour btw .....

DeFluffMyFanjo Sun 06-Sep-09 19:12:42

Feel exactly the same and I'm only 21 weeks. Everything is making my teeth itch! If one more person touches my bump without asking I'm going to scream.

And I hate being called 'Mummy' by anyone other than my daughter so why is everyone doing it JUST BECAUSE I'M PREGNANT??????

TheCrackFox Sun 06-Sep-09 19:13:02

sorry about the cardi.

I was a prize cow when 38 weeks pregnant.

Are you sick of people saying "any day now"?

Thwack.

MarshaBrady Sun 06-Sep-09 19:14:04

I'm 25 weeks and have to say no one has touched my bump. Only ds is allowed.

Does it happen alot Defluff?

nickytwotimes Sun 06-Sep-09 19:14:18

Yanbu at all.
Simpery comment indeed. Of course the fecking baby is still 'with mummuy' (vomit). And you NEED the car seat. I am getting wound up on your behalf and I am neither pg nor pmtish.

sparkle09 Sun 06-Sep-09 19:16:11

the worse i had was - "not had her yet then?"!!!!

"ummm what do you think?" in a very sarcastic tone was my answer. they didnt ask me again. hehe.

letthemeatcake - it is totally normal to be hormonal and irritable, so dont feel bad about it. xxx

FabBakerGirlIsBack Sun 06-Sep-09 19:17:59

Of course YANBU

It is against the law for a pregnant woman to ever be accused of being unreasonable.

Deeeja Sun 06-Sep-09 19:21:01

I am nearly 38 weeks, and bloody annoyed at everyone and everything too.
I am also annoyed at your friend and would have killed her by now.
dh is driving me bonkers. He stood in front of me while I was trying to unload the dishwasher, WHY?

vess Sun 06-Sep-09 19:21:02

YNBU.
I feel exactly the same. 36 and a half weeks.
Sometimes I shout at DS and DD and feel terrible after that.

Deeeja Sun 06-Sep-09 19:22:05

YANBU

FabBakerGirlIsBack Sun 06-Sep-09 19:22:38

For goodness sake Deeeja, HE should be emptying the dishwasher, not you. grin

LetThemEatCake Sun 06-Sep-09 19:22:48

oh my god and if one more person tells me how small my bump is

Just because I was not a lard arse to begin with and have been (gasp!!) healthy during my pregnancy. Would my midwife not have told me if the baby was small?? I have had 2 very good sized babies before thank you very much and I am TALL so the baby can stretch up and down, not bulge out!!!!

Oh yes, and the 'any day now' thing is pissing me off as well.

Especially as I am determined to hold it in until my mum gets here from Australia because I have no childcare!!!!!!

URGH!!!!!!

Deeeja Sun 06-Sep-09 19:23:54

Yes, but he puts everything in the wrong place grrrr!

LetThemEatCake Sun 06-Sep-09 19:24:02

yes, and you were all mean about the cardigan and the checked shirt and it is clearly only because you are jealous of my travelwrap grin

chickbean Sun 06-Sep-09 19:25:39

I'd forgotten about the touching the bump thing - worst was last pregnancy - some pervy drunken old college lecturer I saw at a reunion - yeuch! I'm 20 weeks but showing quite a lot, so I imagine it could start again any time now. Will be very irritable.

MarshaBrady Sun 06-Sep-09 19:26:45

Honestly ^no one^ has touched my bump. They wouldn't dare. I am surprised.

MarshaBrady Sun 06-Sep-09 19:27:17

no one

DeFluffMyFanjo Sun 06-Sep-09 19:28:40

Happens all the time with random relatives and at work.

Also I had the 'you're huge' the one day off someone, the very next day 'Oh aren't you small for 20 weeks' off someone else. LEAVE ME ALONE. And breathe grin

MarshaBrady Sun 06-Sep-09 19:30:03

God I'd be liable to lob someone! Personal space people.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now