Talk

Advanced search

To think that the school run outfit shouldn't cost £1,023!!

(71 Posts)
littlemissbossy Sun 06-Sep-09 12:47:18

www.my-wardrobe.com/inspire-me/this-weeks-outfit
According to the advertiser on the mumsnet talk page this is the perfect outfit for school run at a cost of £1,023. Whilst yes I actually like it, what planet do these people live on?? I need to know because it's no where near here LOL!!

LadyStealthPolarBear Sun 06-Sep-09 12:49:25

well i suppose how much money you have and how important it is to you dictates how much you spend on an outfit (even for the school run). Have to say I agree with you though Perfect outfit for the nursery run in my case = clean, no (visible) stains, and not obviously stupid, like a fancy dress outfit

littlemissbossy Sun 06-Sep-09 12:49:35

if you click on their home page it's put together for you

janeite Sun 06-Sep-09 12:56:02

Those boots are vile but I like the rest of it. Silly prices though.

pigletmania Sun 06-Sep-09 13:01:44

Erm i dont think so. yes what planet are these people on dont they know that we are in a recession and the price of that outfit is more than some get in a month, WAKE UP!!!!! These things you can probably get at Matalan, Tesco or TKMaxx or any highstreet store for that matter, why does it have to be designer. The mumss on the school run at our local school certainly do not dress like that, more pjs and sloppy trackkie bums, would get stared at if i turned up at the school gates in that attire.

bibbitybobbityhat Sun 06-Sep-09 13:02:35

Good god, those shoes are hideous.

Quite agree re. prices.

We have what is considered by many to be a high income but I would not dream of spending more than

Top £30
Shoes £70
Jeans £50
Chunky jumper/cardi £70
Hat £20

for day to day clothes, which comes to £240, less than a quarter of that ghastly ensemble.

And I know perfectly well I could spend

Top £15
Shoes £30
Jeans £20
Chunky jumper/cardi £30
Hat £5

Total £100 without exploiting some poor workers in a third world clothing factory.

Conspicuous consumption - I loathe it.

skybright Sun 06-Sep-09 13:02:49

I quite like the outfit,apart from the cardi. I'm sure you could get it all for a couple of hundred though.

southeastastra Sun 06-Sep-09 13:04:21

it's designer though isn't it. good for ideas i suppose. you can get cheaper copies

violethill Sun 06-Sep-09 13:07:28

Maybe for some people the school run is the highlight of their week. I've come across a few in my time grin

crokky Sun 06-Sep-09 13:09:00

I suppose it's there to serve the market of people who can afford it. I can't imagine who these people are though lol. Although a normal person probably could the £45 top and get similar items for the rest?

I don't get fashion anyway, I like tracksuits grin.

nikki1978 Sun 06-Sep-09 13:09:31

I could do the whole outfit for less than £100 in Primark grin

The cardigan is minging though and I never understand why people spend ridiculous amounts of money on bags. The cheaper ones look no different in my opinion.

LoveBeingAMummy Sun 06-Sep-09 13:13:04

Bet their glad they paid money to advertise on here now!

diddl Sun 06-Sep-09 13:14:01

That´s hilarious!
Ugly shoes, ugly bag and a "cardi" that my Gran wouldn´t wear! IMO, of course!
Thank goodness I´m not in UK.
Here, your children walk or you bike them until they are allowed to bike alone.
You would (possibly) get odd looks for being over/unsuitably dressed for being on a bike.
On the whole, people don´t care!

diddl Sun 06-Sep-09 13:15:43

Forgot to say, if women really are so insecure/pathetic that they buy into this whole mindset, I really don´t know whether to laugh or cry!

ben5 Sun 06-Sep-09 13:17:20

i like the outfit even the shoes( but would never wear them!! ). would love to be able to spend that much on one outfit but prob spend less than that on a years wardrobe!!

Pyrocanthus Sun 06-Sep-09 13:18:31

Boots, jeans, top. I didn't realize I was fashionable.

Heated Sun 06-Sep-09 13:24:39

A bit gutting to spend all that money and look like market-stall chic grin

SomeGuy Sun 06-Sep-09 13:52:27

£176 for jeans shock

Had great fun taking the piss out of my friend who bought some discount 7 For All Mankind jeans for 'only' $130 in New York. He was quite pleased with himself till we pointed out how ridiculous it was.

funkybuddah Sun 06-Sep-09 14:18:11

I have a stipey top like that, its was £12 at dorothy perkins, blue jeans are 10 a penny so maybe £20 form newlook
that cardy is fecking hideous and no one should wear it let alone spend so much on it, bag its just a black bag, beanie h+m for about £15 wedge boots £40 from clarks or next or jones.

There is nothing about any of those items that justifies their price, they are not unique or stunning, they could have at least have pictures a stunning bag that is worth the 3400 pricetag.

TheDMshouldbeRivened Sun 06-Sep-09 14:26:30

jeans and the t-shirt are ok but I would never pay those prices. the boots are vile and the handbag looks like every handbag I've ever seen and you can find one for a fiver in a charity shop.

SixtyFootDoll Sun 06-Sep-09 14:28:04

very ordinary outfit that you could get for a tenth of the price
the cardiga is minging

2rebecca Sun 06-Sep-09 14:53:32

Don't people just pick their kids up in the clothes they've been wearing all day? Never occured to me that it might be something i had to get changed for. No wonder some women find picking their kids up from school so stressful. I just block out the adverts and don't notice them.

sabire Sun 06-Sep-09 16:08:57

£150 on jeans?

Stoopid.

The existence of jeans costing this much suggests to me that there are too many people out there with more money than they know what to do with.

What mugs.

Bibithree Sun 06-Sep-09 16:17:06

But...but...but... I don't get it! I thought blue jeans and boack boots were an absolute no no?! [don't need this kind of confusion emoticon]

Bibithree Sun 06-Sep-09 16:17:30

that would be black boots

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now