Talk

Advanced search

To secretly want another baby?

(4 Posts)
boundarybabe Fri 04-Sep-09 18:28:23

My DS is 6 months old. A month ago I was thinking never again but now I'm really starting to think I'd like to try for another one soon. Even on the bad days when I'm so frustrated with him I'm tearing my hair out because I can't work out what he wants I still feel really broody. It's daft really, we're about to start trying to sell our flat and we'll be skint with another one because it will prevent me from going back to work at all (with just the one it's worth going back because my wages outweigh the cost of childcare. it won't be worth going back with two!).

Still, a little part of me wants to start trying to convince DH it's a good idea. Am I mad? grin

Debs75 Fri 04-Sep-09 18:30:35

No you are broody we all get like that. There is nothing wrong with admitting you want more kids but you know you will struggle with costs so why not wait a while.

claricebeansmum Fri 04-Sep-09 18:33:00

No - quite normal.

To this day I do not understand what made us think we should have another baby when DS was only 9 months old. We were -and still are - a bit inept as parents.

6mo are really frustrating, and then you'll have a good patch...it's all ups and downs.

boundarybabe Fri 04-Sep-09 18:33:25

I know, I know. The thing is there was a big age gap between me and my sister and we never got on until we were adults. I know it's more important to me that DS has a sibling close in age than a big house and loads of money, but that doesn't solve the impracticalities. Stupid logic.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now