Talk

Advanced search

to truly believe that there are too many people making living on bonuses a lifestyle choice

(47 Posts)
AngryWasp Fri 04-Sep-09 18:23:19

While I really do feel for people, who through no fault of their own, find themselves with bonuses, struggling to bring up their children on under the hate of the public, am I the only one who truly believes that for a large number of people, living on bonuses is a lifestyle choice??

It may just be the people I know, but I have one friend who refuses to work - no children or partner, and all at the tax payers expense and these people have the opinion that they are entitled to live off of their bonuses for as long as they live.

They just feel so entitled it's untrue!!!!

I am beginning to believe that people who do not pay tax (by keeping their money in off-shore tax havens) should not be entitled to vote, since why should these people who do not contribute a penny to the system, and possibly may never contribute a penny to the system, be able to have a say as to how the money the country generates is spent????

Am I really BU??

Am I the only one who gets so angry at these lazy people, who live off of the tax payers?

tethersend Fri 04-Sep-09 18:35:51

grin

piss funny

mathanxiety Fri 04-Sep-09 18:39:03

Rolfing a lot smile

mathanxiety Fri 04-Sep-09 18:39:47

but not spelling very well...

mmrsceptic Fri 04-Sep-09 18:39:49

i think you'll find people who get bonuses do contribute to the "system"

lol

haven't heard this kind of stuff since I was at uni

down with everything

junglist1 Fri 04-Sep-09 18:44:23

Good one OP

Morloth Fri 04-Sep-09 18:48:41

We missed "the bonus" this year. I liked the bonus, it was my friend, it made me happy.

Thank goodness though we were always aware that it was a BONUS, i.e. not something you are actually entitled to, so we never ever included it in our budgets.

It was nice, I miss it, and I hope it returns this year.

Sorry if I am not supposed to, but lets face it, money makes life easier!

hehe have I mentioned that I am also married to a banker, ducks tomatoes.

Morloth Fri 04-Sep-09 18:49:38

Unless they are organic tomatoes, in which case I shall try to field them for dinner.

Am poor now, no bonus remember...

expatinscotland Fri 04-Sep-09 18:55:35

YANBU.

Everyone should be compelled to do a stint in the workhouse and down the pit. Service in Afghanistan will be an alternative.

This will make them even more marketable in the workforce.

AngryWasp Fri 04-Sep-09 19:17:55

I think they should be made to give up their children!

tethersend Fri 04-Sep-09 19:43:56

Scum like them make me sick, they waste all our money on drugs, they want shooting.

AngryWasp Fri 04-Sep-09 19:47:16

and boats.

tethersend Fri 04-Sep-09 19:54:54

boatbuying bastards

ElieRM Fri 04-Sep-09 19:58:51

grin

whoisasking Fri 04-Sep-09 20:08:29

I've had to fill in our moat this summer.

All I want to know is why can't we find some way to make the proles pay for my moat.

<Lightbulb>

ElieRM Fri 04-Sep-09 20:11:16

Oh, and also for the 'duck islands.' 'Tis within the 'rules' after all.

footinmouth Sat 05-Sep-09 12:58:22

Love it!!!!!!!!!!

TheDMshouldbeRivened Sat 05-Sep-09 13:12:44

so judgey. you don't know the reason behind the large bonuses? Do you actually know anyone who lives off a large bonus? Or are you just judging by the yatch and the smarmy git smile?
tsk indeed.
Do you have any idea how traumatic it is to have to keep your money in an offshore account rather than be able to go to the high street like everyone else?
sheesh
wink

tribpot Sat 05-Sep-09 13:18:18

I love "boatbuying bastards". (Disclaimer: I do have one friend who owns a boat and probably gets bonuses as well)

AngryWasp Sat 05-Sep-09 14:26:10

Most of them don't even try to hide it actually 'brag'!

EyeballsintheSky Sat 05-Sep-09 14:31:40

Am I the only one here who hasn't a clue what anyone is on about? What bonuses? And am I getting any?

hambo Sat 05-Sep-09 14:35:30

I got a 'bonus' extra 20 minutes in bed this morning - does that count????

twirlymum Sat 05-Sep-09 14:42:33

grin

RedLentil Sat 05-Sep-09 14:44:55

Morloth, you sound as if you were dependent on your bonus. And very needy. <judgy stare>

I would lob tomatoes, but only cherry ones left here and they are not substantial enough, so you'll have to wait until I've been shopping.

Villette Sat 05-Sep-09 14:49:13

What's this about "boatbuying bastards"? My father had a boat.
Both my parents left school at 14 without any qualifications. My father did an apprenticeship as a printer and then set up his own firm. He bought a small boat and my parents had a lot of fun sailing it until he died at the age of 74, having retired at the age of 70. I think if you spend 56 years of your life working, you should be allowed to buy a boat without being labelled a bastard.

It is this knee-jerk generalised abuse that is making me wonder if there is any point in me remaining a member of Mumsnet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now