Talk

Advanced search

why do orange smarties taste orange ?.... and other ones dont?

(51 Posts)
drlove8 Thu 03-Sep-09 22:03:03

i know its barking but why? it would be fantastic if blue smarties tasted ...of well , blue, ect .and so forth... so aibu for thinking orange smarities have no place in the tube.... the rest just taste of chocolate.
grin - and yes i have just eaten the smarties that were hiding in the fridge..... the sugarrush! aaaarrrrggghhh!grinwink

Dumbledoresgirl Thu 03-Sep-09 22:05:56

What you want is a tub of Neopolitans drlove8.

Or I do, anyway.....

Thunderduck Thu 03-Sep-09 22:12:57

Chocolate should never be put in the fridge! It's the 11th commandment.

SecretSlattern Thu 03-Sep-09 22:13:45

orange smarties are my favourite

Threadworm Thu 03-Sep-09 22:13:53

Are you sure that the blue ones don't taste of blue, and the green ones of green? Have you licked a rainbow? Perhaps all colours taste the same except for orange.

5inthebed Thu 03-Sep-09 22:15:35

Because orange ones are coloured by orange peel!

The blue ones are actually coloured by seaweed <total smartie swot emoticon>

TrillianAstra Thu 03-Sep-09 22:16:39

I'd quite like a whole tube of orange ones.

How dare you say they have no place in the tube, they are the best!

Thunderduck Thu 03-Sep-09 22:20:51

I could live without the orange ones. They aren't very pleasant.

NeedCoffee Thu 03-Sep-09 22:22:45

why don't the blues taste of fish then?

Dumbledoresgirl Thu 03-Sep-09 22:29:47

Hey the brown ones taste of chocolate, don't they? So it is not only the orange ones that have an appropriate flavour.

fiver Thu 03-Sep-09 22:30:04

Orange ones are the best!

my mum swears that the brown ones used to be coffee flavoured. I think she's lying.

do you remember the special addition smarties with white chocolate ones in?

DontCallMeBaby Thu 03-Sep-09 22:31:36

There's orange oil in the ingredients, I think, not sure if it's in the shell or chocolate. Maybe both? Actually the shell definitely tastes of orange, so it's either the shell, or both.

Fiver I'm sure I've heard before that the brown ones used to be coffee flavoured ...

DontCallMeBaby Thu 03-Sep-09 22:32:59

Is there any chance your mum has been editing Wikipedia?

fiver Thu 03-Sep-09 22:35:10

OMG, it's true then. I must apologise to my mum blush

twirlymum Thu 03-Sep-09 22:36:09

Last Christmas, dd was given a tube full of orange smarties. You can get tubes of all pink ones too.
Does a chocolate orange count as one of my five a day? smile

drlove8 Thu 03-Sep-09 22:45:41

er... what are neopolitans? hmm . intresting link Dontcallmebaby, M&MS are copies of smarties. DH AND I HAVE HAD MANY AN ARGUMENT OVER THAT <<<<shouting so dh notices im right.>>>>grin

drlove8 Thu 03-Sep-09 22:47:12

think it must twirly ( well it does in my house) lol

TsarChasm Thu 03-Sep-09 22:49:38

Yeuch! Paaah! I hate the orange ones. I don't like orange flavoured chocolate (or coffee flovoured choc either come to that, but they don't do coffee Smarties do they?)

Didn't they take the blue ones out for a while for some odd reason?

plonker Thu 03-Sep-09 22:50:08

Orange smarties ...mmmmm

Has anyone noticed how the yellow mini eggs taste different from the other mini eggs?

Or is it just me? ...

twirlymum Thu 03-Sep-09 22:53:58

They took the blue ones out because they were the only ones to have artificial colourings. They were replaced with white ones for a while, but are now back.
Hang on, I've got a tube - well hexagonal shaped tube - here.
Coloured with: Safflower (?) Black carrot, Hibiscus, Red Cabbage and Lemon.
I daren't open them, because you can't just eat one Smartie...

drlove8 Thu 03-Sep-09 23:00:52

red cabbage sweeties ! yay my kids do eat veg! grin

loler Thu 03-Sep-09 23:02:00

I have successfully educated dd (6) to hate the orange ones - she has saved all of hers for me to dispose of since old enough to know colours. Am working on dss.

TsarChasm Thu 03-Sep-09 23:03:16

Black carrot (never heard of one of those before) Red cabbage. Lemon. So that'd be three of the five a day thingy then grin

GrimmaTheNome Thu 03-Sep-09 23:10:04

The veggie colours are all a bit crap though, aren't they? A bit rubbish for cake decoration.

Neapolitans... used to always have a box at xmas. Little choc rectangles in various flavours - milk and plain, orange and coffee flavoured of each ('cafe au lait') iirc. Were there others?

jemart Thu 03-Sep-09 23:17:18

Is orange flavoured chocolate a love/hate thing like marmite then? surprising how much some ppear to loathe it.
I love orange smarties! and marmite actually, I wonder if there is a correlation?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now