Talk

Advanced search

I am trying to write an essay goddammit....

(5 Posts)
LadyGlencoraPalliser Wed 02-Sep-09 14:07:57

so AIBU to go round and drill a hole through the bloke next door with his own bloody hammer action Black and Decker multi-function power tool. He sounds like he's about to come through the wall fgs. It's been going on for months. What the fuck is he doing in there, building the effing Titantic in his living room?

Crablass Wed 02-Sep-09 14:10:54

Get hold of a CD of bagpipe music. Put it on loud, on repeat, and leave the house.

LadyGlencoraPalliser Wed 02-Sep-09 14:16:01

Good plan. Don't have any bagpipe music but I do have The Best of Wham.
DH is just going up in the attic to see what is going on because they sounded like they were actually coming through a moment ago. It's bad enough for me, but DH works from home and he can't concentrate with this going on all the time.

WhereYouLeftIt Wed 02-Sep-09 14:31:45

Why not ask him? If it's been going on for months, curiosity on your part would surely not seem unreasonable to him? And then you could casually mention the working from home, essay writing etc?

LadyGlencoraPalliser Wed 02-Sep-09 14:37:50

Believe it or not I've never seen them! It's kind of a weird layout, our house is on one street and theirs is attached to our back wall, and the entrance to their house is actually up a little laneway leading off the street behind us. They only moved in a couple months ago and may not even know which house we are.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now