Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

in feeling ever so slightly envious of my neighbour?

(11 Posts)
Numberfour Wed 02-Sep-09 12:59:56

she borrowed a cork screw from me an hour ago.

i still have 6 hours of work ahead of me.....

OtterInaSkoda Wed 02-Sep-09 13:04:39

lol! Maybe she was just making a casserole or something though. A boeuf bourginon in the slow cooker perhaps? grin

carelesswhispers Wed 02-Sep-09 13:09:37

or maybe she is sooooo stressed with dc's & housework she needs a LARGE glass of wine grin

Numberfour Wed 02-Sep-09 13:25:26

in either event, the neighbourly thing would have been to offer me a glass, too? don't you think so??

or AIBU?

grin

BedofRosesItAintII Wed 02-Sep-09 13:32:29

YANBU. A glass of wine would be neighbourly

(Although I always have an opened bottle for emergencies)

largeginandtonic Wed 02-Sep-09 13:36:56

shock Imagine losing the cork screw.

Mine has a special place so i always know where to find it.

I have a spare too wink

She should indeed pass a glass over the fence grin

Numberfour Wed 02-Sep-09 14:17:26

come to think of it, i dont think that she HAD in fact lost her cork screw. she was probably just bragging by asking me for mine.

perhaps i should pop by, glass in hand and hold it out for her to fill.

OtterInaSkoda Thu 03-Sep-09 11:04:38

Seeing as she left you unable to enjoy a glass of wine yourself, you should have thrown some Tennants Extra cans tea bags into her garden thus giving her an enormous hint that a) she was depriving you and b) perhaps she ought to share wink

Numberfour Thu 03-Sep-09 17:55:43

grin

twirlymum Thu 03-Sep-09 17:59:03

We went camping last summer and forgot the corkscrew. *shudders at the memory*

Lizzylou Thu 03-Sep-09 18:02:05

I have a friend whose lifestyle is so different to mine, v rich DH, part time nanny, gorgeous house.

She was moaning that her nearest neighbour was standoffish and unfriendly and said

"I mean, it's such a shame. If she'd have been nice she could have popped round in the afternoon for a glass of wine"

I was envy. It just showed how very different our lives are nowadays! How do you wrestle 2 DS's to bath/bed when you've been slowly getting sozzled with the bird next door????

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now