Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

"I would really Love to help pay for your uniform but..........

(34 Posts)
TheLadyEvenstar Tue 01-Sep-09 19:40:23

.....I can't afford it I pay £40 a week to the csa to look after you"

Thats what my ex told ds1 via text message. what does he think you can do with £40 a week ffs

Tortington Tue 01-Sep-09 19:42:49

wanker

Mutt Tue 01-Sep-09 19:43:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

HecatesTwopenceworth Tue 01-Sep-09 19:44:10

perhaps a breakdown of what it costs to keep a child is in order? Some men seem to think their kids live on fresh air. hmm

mamas12 Tue 01-Sep-09 19:45:11

omg and fancy sending it to dd too.
Double wanker.

itsmeolord Tue 01-Sep-09 19:46:56

Innapropriate for him to say that to his son. It's an adult discussion between the two parents.

But, surely he would have been assessed by the CSA or as part of your divorce and told that is the amount he is to pay?
I thought that the maintenence was supposed to be for clothing and housing costs inc food.

Are you certain he can afford more?

Mutt Tue 01-Sep-09 19:48:23

FabBakerGirlIsBack Tue 01-Sep-09 19:48:40

Completely out of order to text that to your son.

Glitterknickaz Tue 01-Sep-09 19:50:45

oh of course - it only costs £80 a week to provide food, clothing, heat, light, water and a roof over your son's head..... (presuming a 50-50 contribution each)

Glitterknickaz Tue 01-Sep-09 19:56:33

oh of course - it only costs £80 a week to provide food, clothing, heat, light, water and a roof over your son's head..... (presuming a 50-50 contribution each)

mondaymonday Tue 01-Sep-09 20:02:30

csa is to cover all those things - The fact that you don't agree with their calculation may be annoying, but that's the way it is. tbh my son doesn't cost me anywhere near £40pw

itsmeolord Tue 01-Sep-09 20:03:04

I don't think anyone has stated that it only costs £80 a week to keep a child. You are being facetious.
OP has not given any background, you don't know how often the father has contact. Any father with overnight staying contact needs to keep a roof over his head and have adequate accomodation for when his child is staying with him as well as feed and clothe the child when it is with him. That is why a no resident parent is not normally asked for 50% of the true cost of keeping a child.

TheLadyEvenstar Tue 01-Sep-09 20:04:00

Itsme, he just told me via text that his new girlfriend was not greedy and only asks her ex for £100 per month plus uniform costs hmm and that he helps with the boys uniform as well....hence reason he can't help us, not that I asked for it. DS1 decided he was going to ask him, i knew nothing of it until earlier when his phone buzzed in my bag and i read the reply.

TheLadyEvenstar Tue 01-Sep-09 20:05:09

ItsMe, he has not seen him in 4 years other than one 45 minute visit 3 months ago.

itsmeolord Tue 01-Sep-09 20:05:23

Fair enough, your ex is a twat. YANBU. At all.

TheLadyEvenstar Tue 01-Sep-09 20:06:44

I didn't think I was, but i did think he was for sending ds1 that text......

Mutt Tue 01-Sep-09 20:08:45

TheLadyEvenstar Tue 01-Sep-09 20:10:04

Mutt and he won't get a full time job he choses to work for an agency. He told me many years ago he would do this and it is what he is doing.

mondaymonday Tue 01-Sep-09 20:10:53

mutt - yes, the PWC makes up the difference, and gets tax credits, and child benefit, the NRP does not

mondaymonday Tue 01-Sep-09 20:11:46

OP - what age is your DS? TBH I find it hard to believe that a child, out of the blue, not having seen his father for 4 years, would suddenly text him to ask him to pay for school uniform (totally unmprompted by you hmm)

expatinscotland Tue 01-Sep-09 20:12:07

Really, monday?

Because I can see a child easily costing that/week, particularly at secondary level with sports or hobby lessons and associated gear, a teenager's appetite, a teen's growing body, bus pass or petrol if not walking distance to school, school dinners and allowance money.

expatinscotland Tue 01-Sep-09 20:12:08

Really, monday?

Because I can see a child easily costing that/week, particularly at secondary level with sports or hobby lessons and associated gear, a teenager's appetite, a teen's growing body, bus pass or petrol if not walking distance to school, school dinners and allowance money.

MissSunny Tue 01-Sep-09 20:12:35

Message withdrawn

Mutt Tue 01-Sep-09 20:12:40

mondaymonday Tue 01-Sep-09 20:16:42

mutt I was merely pointing out why the NRP wasn't expected to pay half/full cost of looking after the child. It'a fact, the PWC gets the child benefit and tax credits to help with these costs (in fact I believe the maintenance isn't included for the calculation of these credits either)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now