Talk

Advanced search

To think "Its a Bank Holiday" is not an excuse not to assess a sick old lady?

(6 Posts)
CyradisTheSeer Tue 01-Sep-09 09:18:43

Message withdrawn

OhYouBadBadKitten Tue 01-Sep-09 09:21:55

Thats pretty disgusting your poor Nan.

FourArms Tue 01-Sep-09 09:28:18

for your Nan.

My sister's MIL had a fall last week, and a CAT scan revealed skull fractures and brain swelling. Not sure a normal x-ray would have picked this up?

Hope you get her sorted soon, and receiving a decent level of care.

lal123 Tue 01-Sep-09 09:33:10

depends on what sort of assessment you are talking about. If its a social work assessment then they'll be on a skeleton staff on a bank holiday and will be dealing with priority cases - your Nan is safe in hospital so probably would't be viewed as a priority case.

If its a medical assessment she's waiting for - well I suppose the hospital could make the same excuse (its unlikely to be an acute problem, so holding off an assessment for 24 hours is unlikely to cause any problem)

There's no excuse for the meds mistake - you should complain

joyjac Tue 01-Sep-09 17:36:25

Just a thought, could she have a urinary infection? Confusion can be one of side effects.
Hope she has been assessed by now, so sad that elderly people can be left waiting for days for simple assessment.

macdoodle Tue 01-Sep-09 19:00:08

hmmm methinks one side of the story from understandably upset and worried relatives!
I am sorry your nan is unwell and understand your mum and you are worried!
I am however sure she was assessed by an admitting dr, they are probably waiting for more senior input to decide whether more tests are needed, whether she can go home etc etc
The not giving the drugs is not acceptable but am afraid does sometimes happen especially over a weekedn if the patient doesnt have them with her..

A urinary infection is a good bet I hope she gets better soon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now