Talk

Advanced search

to sneak upstairs and see if ds1 is actually here

(15 Posts)
TheDMshouldbeRivened Tue 01-Sep-09 03:45:38

blush
I went to bed with dd at 9pm and ds1 who is 16 was due back at 11.
Now I'm up at 3 for suhoor but I cant seee his shoes. There's a pair of converses in the hall that look bran new that I've never seen before. The clock has been taken out of the living room and left in here (ds hates the ticking) and his bedroom door is shut.
So I'm being paranoid and he's probably in there. But where are his normal shoes? He usually dumps them in the hall.
blush
So I'm all paranoid....

Mistymoo Tue 01-Sep-09 04:05:14

Just go in. You will feel better for knowing.

TheDMshouldbeRivened Tue 01-Sep-09 04:14:14

I've been hovering outside his door. Thing is, you cant shut the door from the outside cos there's no knob so he must be inside. And its pitch dark in there so I might not be able to see him.
I'm being silly aren't I blush

SofiaAmes Tue 01-Sep-09 06:32:18

For next time: My mother had a pretty nifty system when we were teenagers to avoid having to wait up for us. She would set an alarm clock to go off just after our curfew time. We would have to get home in time to turn it off, or else it would wake her up and she'd know we were late.

Phoenix4725 Tue 01-Sep-09 06:56:11

go poke him or open door wont rest till you do , has he got friend who has crashed over hence the shoes

liking he idear of alram clock SofiaAmes going to pinch that one

Littledawley Tue 01-Sep-09 06:59:44

Alarm clock idea is brilliant!! Will remember that (ds is 5!!!)

MrsVik Tue 01-Sep-09 07:41:47

My mum used to put something in the bedroom door, or tie something around the knob, i.e. a towel, so that when we got home, we'd have to remove it. If it was gone and she just 'happened' to wake up in the night, she'd know we were in. If not, she'd know we didn't get home.

4andnotout Tue 01-Sep-09 08:01:58

I still had a 10pm weekday curfew when i left home aged 19 and 7 months pregnant shock grin

GoldenSnitch Tue 01-Sep-09 08:16:38

That alarm clock idea is fab! You have a very clever Mum SofiaAmes

DS is 2.5, I will try to rememeber that one though..

I went to uni at 18 and never had to bother with curfews after that grin

GooseyLoosey Tue 01-Sep-09 08:20:54

TheDMshouldbeRivened - did you check, is he home?

Goblinchild Tue 01-Sep-09 09:11:30

Se, if that was one of my teenagers, I could be hoovering inside their room instead of hovering outside, and they wouldn't wake up. grin
Maybe he swapped shoes temporarily with a mate, are they his size?
Or you have an entirely different teenager who has house-swapped with your boy for a laugh.
Go and prod the lump in the bed and find out.

TheDMshouldbeRivened Tue 01-Sep-09 09:21:04

I did check. The linen cupboard is in his room so wen in pretending I needed at sheet (at 4am hmm). He was fine
blush

OhYouBadBadKitten Tue 01-Sep-09 09:22:58

Sofia - thats genius!!

EyeballsintheSky Tue 01-Sep-09 09:29:17

I love the alarm clock as well! How am I going to remember that in 15 years time? Will someone please CAT me in 2024 to remind me?

AnyFucker Tue 01-Sep-09 09:50:24

< makes mental note of alarm clock idea >

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now