Talk

Advanced search

To feel a bit miffed?

(10 Posts)
GlastonburyGoddess Mon 31-Aug-09 22:53:53

have looked after neighbors cats before. neighbour went abroad for a week and i said yes, thats fine. have been in twice a day last week to feed cats, then fed them the evening she was due back too as it got to evening and she wasnt back so i thought maybe theyd been delayed so fed them another tin. as presumed they may be back late left a loaf of bread and some milk in the fridge in case they got back after local shop closed-thinking at least they could have a cuppa. left a note saying this and that id fed cats again and hoped they had a nice time.

waited few days, presuming theyd be round to get key, nothing, so posted through letterbox saturday.

still nothing, havent seen them yet to speak to, but theyre definately back.

would of thought at the least they would of posted a thankyou note thru the door if nothing else, but nothing.

would you feel abit miffed at this?hmm

Katisha Mon 31-Aug-09 22:58:33

YANBU

scroobiuspirate Mon 31-Aug-09 22:58:56

If it's def them, and they are def back, i would be miffed yes.

some people are just rude.

Mamazon Mon 31-Aug-09 23:01:26

i'd be more than miffed.
you have acted like a lovely neighbnour and they should be bloody gratefull.

i'd be round first thing with a nice gift from where ever we had been to say thank you.

i wouldn't do it again

Katisha Mon 31-Aug-09 23:03:39

ARe they usually strange?

Rindercella Mon 31-Aug-09 23:03:46

YANBU. I would definitely feel miffed in your shoes.

ChookKeeper Mon 31-Aug-09 23:05:29

YANBU - I only gather in my neighbour's post from the porch when they are away, but they always come around with a bunch of flowers to say thanks. I wish they wouldn't but as my dad aways says - never rob anyone of the joy of giving (he has many sayings like this that annoyed me no end as a kid but now I find myself saying them too shock

LaurieFairyCake Mon 31-Aug-09 23:06:09

total right to be miffed, that is beyond rude.

But maybe there's a problem - illness, a falling out.

GlastonburyGoddess Mon 31-Aug-09 23:09:25

tbh a little quirky, some MH ishoos.before they have come round straight away said thanks, bought kids some sweeties, which is nice.
they asked me literally last minute, the evening before they left early the following morning, I had nothing to much on and knew i wouldnt be away so agreed.

dp even put their wheelie bin out roadside on the morning they were due back as we put ours out and i thought id not like to come back to smelly bin and wait another 2wks for emptying.

feel quite pissed actually about itangry

CarGirl Mon 31-Aug-09 23:13:43

my neighbour over the road text me to let me know she was back and we'd catch up once school returns. I'm not bothered about being given a gift or anything but it's nice to know they are back safe & get a thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now