Talk

Advanced search

to love Facebook, but hate all the causes

(17 Posts)
2shoes Mon 31-Aug-09 11:08:32

why oh why do I have to trawl through all the XXX would like you to join this cause crap? I don't want to, how ever worthy, but them feel mean for clicking ignore

HelenHighwater Mon 31-Aug-09 11:11:34

Totally agree. It's not like your devoting your money or time. What does it really do by agreeing to joining them??

IdrisTheDragon Mon 31-Aug-09 11:12:30

I ignore them. And don't feel bad about it.

MmeLindt Mon 31-Aug-09 11:14:27

I ignore them all. And the xxx would like to give you a hug / glass of shiraz / slap in the face.

I do mention occasionally that I don't do any of the applications so that folk know not to send me them.

TrillianAstra Mon 31-Aug-09 11:14:35

I agree. I can think of no "improvement" to Facebook that would actually be an improvement, so stop adding in these new things for people to annoy us with.

2shoes Mon 31-Aug-09 11:15:42

glad I am not alone.
I love the games and thr fun stuff, but I just don't want to get involeved with every random cause

sheepgomeep Mon 31-Aug-09 11:19:47

Me too, Iv blocked a lot of them

monkeypinkmonkey Mon 31-Aug-09 11:36:32

I generaly just snoop on facebook. Ignore every cause, group invite etc...

claw3 Mon 31-Aug-09 11:47:33

I hate Facebook full stop!

I dont see the point of it, open an account and then add your family and friends, why?

MamaLazarou Mon 31-Aug-09 12:15:37

YANBU. I have been asked several times to join a group called STOP ALL SEXUAL ABUSE. I want to ask these people how exactly a Facebook group is going to achieve this lofty aspiration, but I don't think it would go down too well.

MamaLazarou Mon 31-Aug-09 12:17:35

claw3, it's for people who are a) nosey, and want to look at their friend's photos and find out what they're up to, and b) lazy, and aren't great at keeping in touch with friends over the phone. I am both of these things, plus I have found some old friends I lost touch with years ago.

That's the point for me, anyway - I can't speak for others.

2shoes Mon 31-Aug-09 12:21:20

some I understand, like the one for the missing teen, gets his face out there, but, some are just odd, how can me joing a group for a sick child, missing child, dead child help.
how many times do I have to be sent a picture of MM? it just goes on and on.

claw3 Mon 31-Aug-09 12:21:24

I have something similar to facebook, its called a phone/address book!!

From what ive heard FB seems to cause a lot of arguements between family and friends for a)

Its seems to be a social network site, they encourages you to be anti social b)

Bah humbug

2shoes Mon 31-Aug-09 13:06:24

stragely it is good for my family, yester db rang up and chatted with me, because me and his dw have same game on fb. it also keeps me up on what my nephews and nieces are up to.

beanieb Mon 31-Aug-09 13:08:53

I think Facebook only causes a lot of trouble between family and friends if you start making 'friends' with people in your family or social circle who aren't really friends at all.

If you use it right then it's a wonderful thing but if your life resembles that of a Jeremy Kile contibutor then what can you expect?

I do agree with the OP though - the Causes thing is just crap, and us usually used by those people who

a. Send out chain mail emails
b. Believe stupid things they can search on snopes

MamaLazarou Mon 31-Aug-09 13:13:08

Tampons contain asbestos, beanieb! Everyone knows that!

My sister sent me a circular text the other week saying: 'Beware! If two men come up to you in Asda car park and ask you to sniff some perfume on a bit of paper, DO NOT SNIFF IT! It is not perfume it is drugs that will knock you out and then they will rape you when you are under!!!'

LilTulip Tue 01-Sep-09 12:38:30

Totally agree with you claw Don't see the point of this....some people i know are totally obsessed with Facebook.

Have heard no end of people complaining that it has caused agrro with family members and others stirring the s**t but do they close thier account??? No, just go back for more.

I have no need to plaster my life on the net for others approval....i just don't get it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now