Talk

Advanced search

to be shocked at the awful treatment i get from service staff

(5 Posts)
greenpeople Sat 29-Aug-09 19:11:07

before coming to london, i heard various stories about racism against asian and i was mentally preparing myself for it.

but to my horror, my awful encounters are not with the whites but with the asians. of course, i have met some nice ones but the no. of times i was either ignored, spoken to rudely or shouted at really leave me wondering what is wrong with these people.

my friends here said it could be i am asian and i dont have a british accent. so does it mean i cant go to a shop to buy things and moreover, you, the service staff, is asian as well.

i was pretty upset at first but have now stand firm and rebuke the rude staff. i dont care if i am making a scene but enough is enough.

thisisyesterday Sat 29-Aug-09 19:17:00

welll, you arne't unreasonable to be upset at bad service.

but, i get it too, and i am white.
perhaps it has nothing to do with your race, and a lot to do with just bad customer service in general?

roneef Sat 29-Aug-09 19:20:14

I agree with thisis.

I used to think like the OP but I noticed bad service was delivered to average m/c white people aswell.

Obviously, it does happen but rarely IMHO.

greenpeople Sat 29-Aug-09 20:11:32

thanks. i will continue to be positive and enjoy my stay in london. smile

thisisyesterday Sat 29-Aug-09 20:20:30

yes do! i think in so many places we brits do have pretty poor customer service. but there are good places out there too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now