Talk

Advanced search

Hubby drinking got work.

(17 Posts)
floatingonpinkcloud Sat 29-Aug-09 15:38:48

Is it unfair/selfish of me for not wanting my hubby to go to the pub when he has work in the morning especially as his job involves driving and he can't take his drink! And he has come home with a 'banging headache' and it is me who has to look after him. Luckily he has been sat in the office today and not been on the road. He is off next Sunday so i don't mind him going out next Sat night.

FabBakerGirlIsBack Sat 29-Aug-09 15:41:02

I would be phoning the police to get him tested for drink driving if he is drinking more than one or two the night before he has to work.

he could kill someone if he crashes ffs.

floatingonpinkcloud Sat 29-Aug-09 15:46:55

Well luckily the lad he works with has fetched him and dropped him off so no driving (think he planned it) but he didnt roll in til 3.30 this morn and i had all sorts of things running through my mind he is notorious for collapsing ending up in hosp or being locked up to sober up. If he makes it home the fun starts and he will just wee anywhere so i am rather cranky today as i had to guide him to the toilet after he nearly weed on my sons TV. Wouldnt think he was a man in his 30's!

purepurple Sat 29-Aug-09 15:47:30

Tell him a 'story' about a friend of a friend who went to the pub, got drunk and killed somebody the next morning, lost his job, had a big fine, lost his house, lost his wife and family and ended up killing himself.
And then add the killer; "I hope nothing like that ever happens to us"

floatingonpinkcloud Sat 29-Aug-09 15:50:49

I have! And we have seen the ads about drink driving too. He never normally drinks and it doesnt agree with him i think he does it because his mates do and have said before there is nothing wrong with having a lemonade while going out. Bloody men.

purepurple Sat 29-Aug-09 15:55:32

Is there a particular drink that sends him a bit loopy?
With DH it's Oranjeboom and with DS it's vodka.
I have problems if I mix my drinks and my DB gets loopy on Newcastle Brown Ale.
There is nothing wrong with him wanting to have a drink, but he has to realise whet happens to him.
Pissing on the children's TV is not really on. Tell him to drink weaker beer or to drink slower.

floatingonpinkcloud Sat 29-Aug-09 16:05:28

Anything really from lager to vodka! He just can't take it and never has been able too! He does tend to gulp it down which i have told him about before you would think he had never had alcohol before. He has pissed on my carpet before now, pissed the bed angry and fallen down the stairs (had to call ambulance) was not mauling a 19st man. It is a good job it is not a weekly thing!!! And only goes out every couple of months.

FabBakerGirlIsBack Sat 29-Aug-09 16:06:00

Tell him to be a man and not be led by his pratty mates.

floatingonpinkcloud Sat 29-Aug-09 16:11:32

Well he won't be going out for a long time now pain in the arse he is. His mates should grow up as well most have families they are not 18 anymore. And as i am sitting here he is asleep ok for some! angry

purepurple Sat 29-Aug-09 16:12:05

He sounds like my 20 year old DS. He can not handle any alcohol at all.
He has been brought home by friends absolutely rat-arsed, puking up everywhere on a couple of occassions and once by the police after he walked into the sea while drunk.
We have threatened to video him next time he does it and put it on youtube.
He has now accepted that he can't drink the same amount as his friends. We have had no incidents for months. This weekend he is at the Leeds festival, so god knows what state he is in now.

floatingonpinkcloud Sat 29-Aug-09 16:18:12

My hubby is over 10yrs older and should know better. He has been in hosp so many times. Last time i sent his mum as i couldn't collect him with the children in bed she really laid into him (mummys boy) told him to grow up. He has been beaten up. Assaulted a police officer, walked 10 miles home in the pouring rain ruined his brand new clothes got kebab and sick down it. Thank god i live no where near the sea smile hope your son has a nice and safe time.

purepurple Sat 29-Aug-09 16:23:11

Thanks, floatingonapinkcloud
why don't you get the children to gang up on him?
DH stopped smoking when DD spotted him out of her bedroom window, smoking in the garage. He had tole the DC that he had given up
She was disgusted and said "But daddy, don't you know you might blow up the garage?"
It was enough to give him the push and he hasn't smoked for over 5 years.

floatingonpinkcloud Sat 29-Aug-09 16:31:09

Oh bless, yeah my 12 yr old is always lecturing him on his 'binge drinking' as i call it. But with him goes in one ear and out the other.

I quit smoking a while back because my DS is asthmatic (i have never smoked in the house or during pregnancy) but when the hosp said that smoke stays on your clothes and can trigger an attack i decided to give up.

FabBakerGirlIsBack Sat 29-Aug-09 17:00:57

Well done floating

HecatesTwopenceworth Sat 29-Aug-09 20:32:46

why look after him? What does that involve?

When my bugger goes on a bender I am normally as unhelpful as possible the next day grin Sod 'im.

floatingonpinkcloud Sat 29-Aug-09 22:05:12

Well by looking after him (making drinks, making sure doesn't puke everywhere, handing out the painkillers) i have made him feel guilty for going out and result i have a shopping trip planned now woop woop!

floatingonpinkcloud Sat 29-Aug-09 22:07:01

Oh and i will drag him around every shop and make him carry the bags. Perfect punishment i think!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now