Talk

Advanced search

to be p***off with British Gsa cancellation charges...

(5 Posts)
mysonben Sat 29-Aug-09 13:50:24

of 70 pounds for gas and 30 pounds for electric, simply because we want to go to another supplier.
I rang them up to get an explanation as to where that 100 pounds to pay was coming from, and apparently it is for leaving their fixed-price scheme.
What a rip off! When the prices went up sharply last year , we joined the scheme. Then prices went back down but ours didn't, and now we have to pay to leave!!!

I'm so fuming! I cannot recall them telling me they 'd charge 100 quids if we left the scheme before 2011. hmm

FluffySaysTheDailyMailsShite Sat 29-Aug-09 20:36:15

shock

Did you sign a contract when you joined the scheme??

mamas12 Sat 29-Aug-09 20:43:55

Don't pay. That sounds totally unnaceptable.
Make them justify it by law. bbb

ObsidianBlackbirdMcNight Sat 29-Aug-09 20:44:27

Yeah - that's the bad thing about british gas They are the only ones who do that. Bastards.

nellynaemates Sat 29-Aug-09 20:49:13

Do you know what, I think you just have to suck it up.

I'll almost guarantee you that it was in the small print somewhere.

Also, in hindsight do you not think it was possibly not the best idea to join a fixed price scheme at that time? I certainly thought there was no way I was joining one because the prices were bound to come back down.

I do have every sympathy with you because it's completely shit when you get caught out like this but as I said, I doubt there's much you can do.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now