Talk

Advanced search

Am I?

(11 Posts)
noddyholder Fri 28-Aug-09 17:02:34

I am driving myself mad with this.y parents ar moving to live near us and I really am dreading it!If ds was younger it would be ok I suppose but he is 15 and while he was growing up she never bothered and said she wasn't that type of granny as she was still young working bla bla.She has a terrible non existent relationship with my step dad and so he is v keen to st her up near me in order to get on with his own life.He is a lot younger than her and she has started to slow down and wants to settle and probably bug me and dp day and night!Hr husband(step dad)works away M-FR so I will be lumbered.Dp and I left London to get away from my over bearing family and now they are following us.Hr house sale fell through and I thought she would stay put but she has another buyer and is on her way HELP!!!

noddyholder Fri 28-Aug-09 17:03:01

excuse typos keyboards broken

MABS Fri 28-Aug-09 17:20:03

totally agree Noddy, mine are 20 mins away and it's too near!!

LynetteScavo Fri 28-Aug-09 17:20:56

No, YANBU.

Mention to her that you are thinking of moveing yourself, so there is no point in setting near you.

HecatesTwopenceworth Fri 28-Aug-09 17:24:07

Yes. Tell her you are looking at properties in Edinburgh and will be moving up there asap.

Hopefully she'll buy somewhere up there and wait for you wink

But seriously, it's in your control. Even if she moves in next door - it is still up to you to be firm and to not let her dominate your life. No mum, you can't come round. No mum, I can't come round. No mum, I'm not free...

noddyholder Fri 28-Aug-09 17:28:22

dp is going to freak when he gets home tonight.grinHe is sick of her tbh and so am I.I went house hunting with her every week for months and she was sweetness and light and prob saw ds more than she has in his entire life!Then when it all fell through I heard nothing from her for 9 weeks!!!!!!Apart from an email saying she was too depressed to see anyone bloody drama queen!Have realised step dad is trying to palm her off as the age difference between them is becoming apparent and I think he has someone else shock!I did say we are going back to London to test teh waters and may have to say it again because we will be if I get my bloody way

MABS Fri 28-Aug-09 17:34:31

how close to you noddy?

GibbonInARibbon Fri 28-Aug-09 17:35:15

Yes good idea, mention you are keeping your options open re where you will live wink

YANBU btw.

noddyholder Fri 28-Aug-09 17:45:03

5 mins! Dp home and not happy.they invade our life when it suits thm.My step brother is living with us atm and we can't get rid of him ffs!Just going to the PPT for a skinful to get over the shock will check back later xx

diddl Fri 28-Aug-09 18:20:13

Not helpful,but we moved abroad!
but,if she wnds upnear, you will have to be firmin saying no.
Doyou work?

noddyholder Fri 28-Aug-09 18:57:44

I will move if I have to.I don't work in the traditional sense I was a freelance property developer and interior designer for yrs and still do a bit but have a volntary job starting in about 3 weeks so will be busy.I have a busy life full stop fairly social and like entertaining and she is hinting about bcoming more involved in my life which is not what I need atm.have been to the pub with dp and he has calmed me down a bit and he is determined not to entertain any of it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now