Talk

Advanced search

to not want dfil be in a huff with me, just because I declined furniture...

(5 Posts)
FairLadyRantALot Fri 28-Aug-09 15:41:11

that we don't need and that actually would not work in our room?

Basically I mentioned the other day, that when we have the money, I would love to replace our sofa, as a corner sofa would work really well...

yesterday dfil called me and told me that an aunt and uncle of my dh are getting rid of their decent couch and chairs and would we want them...I declined , because a 3-seater sofa and 2 chairs simply would NOT work and we can't move the room around to fit it, as we have a Projector screen that will only fit on one wall, etc...
he than got a bit huffy with me....making me feel ungrateful....thing is, we have decent leather seattie (not really that old, only about 7 years) , so, no urgent need for replacement....(despite the dog tearing one up, but it is kinda fixed and no real bother now)...and the reason I would want a corner seattiie is to have more space in the room, whislt a 3 seater and chairs would minimise the space...

Am I ungrateful? Am I unreasonable to decline the offer and lastly, am I unreasonable to be a bit hmm about dfil being in a huff?

nickschick Fri 28-Aug-09 15:46:59

I think if you fone him and say that you feel you have upset him and really you wouldnt want to upset him in anway as you value your relationship with him -so much so that you do feel you could be honest and say no thankyou to the settee,he will understand.

FairLadyRantALot Fri 28-Aug-09 15:51:42

I just don't understand why he is in a huff about it...I obviously declined politely and thanked him for tinking of us etc...
I shall see how it goes...and will phone up dh's aunt and uncle, and say we are not personally interested, but that I have a friend who probably would be very happy to have it, and see what they say...and go from there...

HecatesTwopenceworth Fri 28-Aug-09 16:02:08

No. Not unreasonable to not want it. And you can't control how other people choose to react. If he wants to get huffy, that's his own problem. It isn't what you need, so why would you have it just so he doesn't have a mardy attack? bugger him.

Tinfoil Sat 29-Aug-09 17:38:27

YANBU.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now