Talk

Advanced search

To think that removing the drinking fountain from DD's school playground will contribute to the swine flu?

(4 Posts)
leisurely Fri 28-Aug-09 12:10:35

Yesterday when I went to collect DD from school, we stayed behind for a bit for her to play. The temperature was around 27 degrees and very humid. She wanted a drink as we left and I really resent paying for water, particularly in view of the cost of sending her to the school. I said get some out of the fountain, she told me that the caretaker had turned the supply off. I didn't believe her, but, sure enough there was a queue of children licking (shock) the spouty thing.
I am not hysterical about this H1N1, as I've had it, but, really what a ridiculous thing to do. Would it be reasonable to ask the school to reinstate it?

IwishIhadtimetoreadnewspapers Fri 28-Aug-09 12:14:20

Yes, that would be entirely reasonable imo.

Is it one of those where the mouth isn't supposed to come into contact with the fountain? If so, I really have no idea what they're worried about!

Geocentric Fri 28-Aug-09 12:16:45

Its easy to get around - at my DCs school they asked all children to bring in a plastic cup or bottle to fill up when thirsty, so no more mouth contact with the fountains.

leisurely Fri 28-Aug-09 12:50:15

It's a big circular bowl like one with a rail around the outside for them to stand on. The water squirts out about 10cm so they don't need to suck it. All the children take water in with them as a rule, but this is in the playground and it is double hot her. I will call into the office later on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now