Talk

Advanced search

Well am i? DH certainly thinks so, but then I think he's a rude bad mannered oaf...

(62 Posts)
moodlumthehoodlum Thu 27-Aug-09 21:57:37

Its not a particularly meaningful thing, but I cooked chicken this evening, and as he was serving himself, he took a bit, started to eat it, and then spat it out literally in front of me. Apparently it was "too tough", so he couldn't possibly eat it.

I was really pissed off with this, because it was a small bit of chicken (as I write this, I am recognising that it is all a bit pathetic) and he could have just eaten it, and then said something like, thanks but..

Instead he spits it out. And then, when I say that I find that really rude, and if the DCs did it, I would tell them off.

He just doesn't get that I find this rude? He thinks that I should understand that he shouldn't have to eat it because he didn't like it.

Well, am i? gggrrrrr

mamas12 Thu 27-Aug-09 21:59:50

He is rude. Yanbu.
There are politer ways to tell you your cooking is crap.

hatesponge Thu 27-Aug-09 22:00:51

YANBU

I'd be furious if anyone spat my food out - I wouldn't let my DC do it either so I certainly wouldn't be happy if an adult did!

LightningBolt Thu 27-Aug-09 22:00:57

No,he is behaving like a five year old.You have gone to the trouble and cooked him a decent meal.

My response is ususally "well cook you own bloody tea,then" if dp does anything similar.

moodlumthehoodlum Thu 27-Aug-09 22:02:08

<triumphant>

Ladies, thank you. We have just had another "discussion" and he still doesn't get it.

Paolosgirl Thu 27-Aug-09 22:02:25

YANBU - he's a grown man, and spits out a bit of chicken because it's too tough? Sheesh - tell him to grow up and swallow.

Of course, hopefully you'll now tenderise all meat before you serve it, you slattern grin

curiositykilled Thu 27-Aug-09 22:03:22

YANBU - God, that's so rude! Would he have done it at your mother's house? If not then he knows it was rude and is just being an oaf grin

Dominique07 Thu 27-Aug-09 22:03:29

Yes. YANBU. Can you 'school' him to be a bit more polite?

CarGirl Thu 27-Aug-09 22:03:43

you need to explain to him about using a napkin & being discreet!

moodlumthehoodlum Thu 27-Aug-09 22:04:47

Then I can sell my story to Take a Break "How my marinade saved my marriage.."

Mumcentreplus Thu 27-Aug-09 22:04:58

Rude Arse! angryn he is behaving like an ARSE!

SorryDoIKnowYou Thu 27-Aug-09 22:05:13

How tough can a bit of chicken be? It is unlikely to ever need spitting out.

moodlumthehoodlum Thu 27-Aug-09 22:06:19

I should add that it was, in actual fact, delish..

FabBakerGirlIsBack Thu 27-Aug-09 22:06:27

Don't cook for him tomorrow.

moodlumthehoodlum Thu 27-Aug-09 22:07:04

LOL fabbaker girl.

I shan't.

Arse.

Lizzylou Thu 27-Aug-09 22:09:25

YANBU, tomorrow night pass him the takeaway menu and his credit card

He'd have been wearing chicken in my house, I'm afraid

moodlumthehoodlum Thu 27-Aug-09 22:10:05

I heart mumsnet.

I knew you'd all think I wasn't grin

HecatesTwopenceworth Thu 27-Aug-09 22:12:01

What, he just spat it onto the table or into his hand or onto the floor or something?

That's more than rude, that's bloody disgusting!

If one of my children did that they'd be sent to bed, I tell you that for nothing!

If my husband did it, I'd think he'd lost his bloody marbles! What a ridiculous way for an adult to behave.

FabBakerGirlIsBack Thu 27-Aug-09 22:13:20

Has he always been a delicate little flower?

moodlumthehoodlum Thu 27-Aug-09 22:15:48

It is ridiculous actually isn't it?

He spat it into his hand. And just now, when he asked me if I was still in a huff, he said that, we've been married long enough for me not to expect him to have to eat something he doesn't like?

Just in case you had to re-read that, that was indeed something my DH said, not 4yo DS..

FabBakerGirlIsBack Thu 27-Aug-09 22:17:28

He really is a stupid little chicken.

HecatesTwopenceworth Thu 27-Aug-09 22:18:09

Well, you know the answer to that, don't you?

he cooks for his stupid, childish, petulant, rude and ungrateful bloody self in future.

Tell him that from me grin

I do hope you read the silly bugger this thread btw! grin

moodlumthehoodlum Thu 27-Aug-09 22:19:11

I am going to print off this thread and give it to him tomorrow with the takeaway menu.

Lizzylou Thu 27-Aug-09 22:19:38

Moodlum, seriously, tomorrow night give him either a recipe book or a takeaway menu and tell him to sort himelf out.

Dick.

moodlumthehoodlum Thu 27-Aug-09 22:21:08

Lizzy - I will. Don't worry. I will.

I mean really..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now