Talk

Advanced search

to hope DP's current health/economy drive comes to an end TONIGHT so I can have a drink? Please?

(5 Posts)
OtterInaSkoda Wed 26-Aug-09 17:16:58

DP has decided that we drink to much (probably true) and spend too much (true). So there's a booze ban. It's his week to do the shopping and cooking. The house is now dry shock

Should I go and get a bottle of wine for myself on the way home from work, refuse to share it and therefore be horribly selfish/drunk/alchoholic?

Or do I embrace his new evangelism, don a hair shirt and make a cup of tea?

I really would like a glass of wine you know. It's been days now...

wheredidiputmyfone Wed 26-Aug-09 17:29:43

WINE WINE WINE bottle not glass grin

moondog Wed 26-Aug-09 17:31:40

How much drinking were you doing before?
I love drinking but recognize it not eing a healthy or productive habit if done too often.

peppapighastakenovermylife Wed 26-Aug-09 17:50:01

My Dh does this. However he drinks virtually every night - not a lot - one or two cans of beer or a big glass of wine. I on the other hand drink more rarely - perhaps a small glass of wine once or twice a week and I can go for weeks sometimes without.

Every now and again he declares WE drink too much and should cut back, tutting at me when I am drinking my first drink in a few weeks and going all sanctimonius on me as he hasnt had one that night.

Buy the bottle lol

OtterInaSkoda Thu 27-Aug-09 11:46:22

moondog I'm too embarrassed to reveal my average wine intake but it's a bit more than peppapighastakenovermylife blush

Which leads me to agree that DP's drive is a jolly good move. However, like peppa's DH, my DP drinks more than me and the announcement that we are cutting right back was taken unilaterally, which is why (I think) that I've been in a sulk about it. Also when I've done the same DP gets in an almighty sulk. A bigger one than I'm in at the monent.

Gah! Think I'm going to have to roll with it. I survived last night (and the nights before) after all... I'll see how thrilled DP is though next week when it's my turn to do the groceries (and hence I'm the one not buying the wine), DP's had a crappy day at work and the house is dry grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now