Talk

Advanced search

to object to having my play-doh technique constantly criticised?

(11 Posts)
ThingOne Wed 26-Aug-09 16:39:08

I can't take it any more. Rainy day. Inside with the paints and the play-doh. I offered the wrong colour paint first and now I'm in trouble for making the wrong shape with the play-doh.

What should I do?

travellingwilbury Wed 26-Aug-09 16:39:58

make cocktails instead grin

MissSunny Wed 26-Aug-09 16:41:05

Message withdrawn

LadyGlencoraPalliser Wed 26-Aug-09 16:41:21

A mother's place is in the wrong, doncha know. Is the sun not over the yardarm yet?

QuintessentialShadows Wed 26-Aug-09 16:41:49

Go out!

The rain is nothing to be scared of. Do you have a park nearby? Or your own garden?

Ensure you buy some proper waterproofs (mothercare stocked a all in one water proof rainsuit a little while ago), wellies and a souvester, and go out on a nature trail.

Paint and play do is boring. YOU end up making stuff while the littlies are watching....

ThingOne Wed 26-Aug-09 17:03:14

We spent all morning outside!

I'm afraid my three year would disagree that paint and playdoh are boring. He loves making atm and normally it's quite fun.

Sun's not over the yardarm here until six pm, when DH can share the blame responsibility. But most importantly I have run out of gin.

jemart Wed 26-Aug-09 23:02:12

Home made play dough - my kids were so impressed when I sprang that on them, added bonus that they can do all the mixing up before they use is for making stuff. Combined cookery and craft!

jemart Wed 26-Aug-09 23:03:00

or bake cake - chocolate is best.

jemart Wed 26-Aug-09 23:03:39

and remember that pink icing tastes nicest.

waitingforfanjo Wed 26-Aug-09 23:07:02

No, it has to be blue icing

ThingOne Thu 27-Aug-09 20:34:49

Or no icing at all according to my other child ...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now