Talk

Advanced search

To think that ALL weather forcasters are in cahoots with the british tourist board!!!!

(8 Posts)
stoppinattwo Wed 26-Aug-09 15:50:10

We were promised a sunny bankholiday and I want one!!! <<stamps foot>> I have a weekend away booked and I will not tolerate wet weather!!!

I mean really...how much rain can fall out of the sky??

All I can say is it had better be sunny at my destination or pity the poor bugger who makes any jokey comment about typical british weather <<narrows eyes>>

Pikelit Wed 26-Aug-09 15:51:30

I can't do rain, I have to work right through it AND do silly things at the same time!

stoppinattwo Wed 26-Aug-09 15:54:21

you have to work!!!!...sorry Pikelit, what silly things do you have to do ? grin

Pikelit Wed 26-Aug-09 16:01:11

It involves drumming and buckets of beer.

oldraver Wed 26-Aug-09 16:10:02

I'm sort of hoping it will rain. I booked DS2 on a flight from Gatwick on Bank Holiday Monday and it only occured to me that the roads could be gridlocked busy if the sun dares to come out

Tillyscoutsmum Wed 26-Aug-09 16:13:09

I've said all along that I think the whole promise of a "Barbeque Summer" was a ruse by the government to keep us all holidaying in the UK to try and raise the flagging economy.

I honestly don't understand how meteorologists can get it so wrong. Even a forecast the day before can be way off. I swear a crystal ball would probably be more accurate.

stoppinattwo Wed 26-Aug-09 16:47:35

Pikelit....I am liking your sillythings you have to do

Tillyscout you have my drift completely

Tillyscoutsmum Wed 26-Aug-09 17:15:34

grin Can you tell I'm bitter after two weeks in the pissing rain in Devon and Cornwall ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now