Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to call off this date?

(48 Posts)
mmmwine Wed 26-Aug-09 15:13:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

skybright Wed 26-Aug-09 15:17:45

He might be really easy going and not think it has to be all exactly arranged until the last minute or he might be at work and not allowed his mobile.

I would be nervous too.

BubbaAndBump Wed 26-Aug-09 15:19:49

yanbu - sounds like he's got cold feet. I prob wouldn't even text again, but if he does call or text, you can decide then (and still use your line if you decide against it).

skybright Wed 26-Aug-09 15:21:35

I would not text him again BTW,if you have heard nothing by about five or sixish i would leave it.

mmmwine Wed 26-Aug-09 15:21:49

Stigaloid Wed 26-Aug-09 15:26:27

doesn't sound unreasonable to me. He should have contacted you by now. Even if he can't decide where to go, he should have acknowledged and responded (unless he was travelling and couldn't)

Stigaloid Wed 26-Aug-09 15:27:27

I mean your thoughts don't sound unreasonable - he does sound unreasonable. (getting confused)

BubbaAndBump Wed 26-Aug-09 15:27:40

Did he reply at all to your Qu. about where he'd like to go?

Pikelit Wed 26-Aug-09 15:30:05

Sometimes "we could meet up for a drink" actually means "haven't a clue about how to disappear out of this unknown person's life". So I wouldn't contact him again.

TheLemur Wed 26-Aug-09 15:33:51

Maybe he'd rather let you decide where/when to meet? Especially as it's your home town. Also he's a bloke, they're really not terribly organised.

I think you might be being a bit unreasonable and should see what pans out.

mmmwine Wed 26-Aug-09 15:34:10

mmmwine Wed 26-Aug-09 15:37:30

nkf Wed 26-Aug-09 15:44:47

Don't reply immediately. It'll make you look as if you're hanging on the phone.

BubbaAndBump Wed 26-Aug-09 15:47:46

And if we've got here in time, then don't say 'he must have forgotten' etc - just say it's a shame but maybe another time. If he replies and asks you out again, so be it.

Enjoy the cake AND the big bar of chocolate (save a bit for me though ;) )

mmmwine Wed 26-Aug-09 16:07:22

mmmwine Wed 26-Aug-09 16:20:14

LisaD1 Wed 26-Aug-09 16:45:11

Maybe he's just shy/nervous/doesn't want to seem too pushy/etc, or maybe he's like most guys I know and doesn't rush to answer texts until he knows what he wants to say?

I am now happilly married with children... to a fantastic man I met online.... who took 2 days to answer my texts when we first met IRL, so you just never know..

Give him a chance :-)

MissSunny Wed 26-Aug-09 16:50:23

Message withdrawn

QuintessentialShadows Wed 26-Aug-09 16:53:54

And dont forget to meet him in a public place and let somebody RL know who you are meeting and where....

mmmwine Wed 26-Aug-09 17:04:11

QuintessentialShadows Wed 26-Aug-09 17:05:53

Stay home. Bin him.

smile

MagNacarta Wed 26-Aug-09 17:10:51

Go.

My dh was just like this and even once we finally had arranged a date he then rang and said he couldn't come as a friend was DJ-ing in another town. I thought that it was a line and he wasn't interested, so was fed up. Then he rang the next day and asked me out for afternoon tea in a swanky hotel - I was so taken aback with how unusual it was that I said yes and the rest is history. He's just very disorganised and laid back whereas I'm very organised and it took us both a while to adapt to each other.

Go.

OhBling Wed 26-Aug-09 17:16:16

DH and I wouldn't be married today if he hadn't been very specific about a date, time and venue for our first date as soon as he called to ask me out.

It dazzled me right up front and made me think, "okay, this guy knows what he wants and is willing to make an effort".

Old fashioned, yes. But I hate ditherers! [grni]

mmmwine Wed 26-Aug-09 17:23:01

FabBakerGirlIsBack Wed 26-Aug-09 17:26:20

Would you feel relieved if he said he didn't want to meet at all or disappointed?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now