Talk

Advanced search

to feel a little bit sorry for myself on my birthday

(12 Posts)
fruitstick Wed 26-Aug-09 10:59:37

DH is away. DS1 is 3 and refuses to wish me happy birthday until there is a party! DS2 is 6 months so neither use nor ornament.

DH did take me shopping and buy me a present on Sunday and we are going to lovely restaurant on Friday BUT he left me unwritten cards on the kitchen work surface and as far as I know has not bought me a present from DSs (he left me in the shop to take DS to choose a card for me whilst shopping hmm).

When it was his birthday DS was very excited about going shopping to buy him a chocolate car and we made plates with their handprints on and DH drew him a picture in his card. He had breakfast in bed and we all went out for the day.

I know I ABU as he does care really, he's just really busy and doesn't think things through in advance.

It doesn't help that I've had to sit through Mummy Pig's Birthday far too many times and that was the kind of fuss I was after.

The only phone call I've had is to turn down our offer on a house. And I got an unpaid penalty notice in the post.

But can I harrumph here please!

TrillianAstra Wed 26-Aug-09 11:00:54

Happy Birthday.
And well done on the use of the phrase 'neither use nor ornament'. I think I want to try to use it more.

skybright Wed 26-Aug-09 11:12:52

Happy birthday...great day for it..my eldest is 14 today...i hope your day improves.x

Feierabend Wed 26-Aug-09 11:14:28

Happy Birthday! YANBU at all. Can you treat yourself to something nice today - cake, a new jumper, a bottle of champagne? All three of them?

DH managed to be on a business trip on my birthday, both this year and last year. angry

MrsSantoslovestheNHS Wed 26-Aug-09 11:17:07

Happy Birthday smile

GentleOtter Wed 26-Aug-09 11:18:27

Happy birthday fruitstick!
The day is yet young and will hopefully get much better. Go and do something that makes you feel good eg a trip to Thorntons for one of their amazing chocolate cakes with chocolates on top.

fruitstick Wed 26-Aug-09 15:18:20

Thank you. A friend came round and bought cupcakes. I feel better!

midnightexpress Wed 26-Aug-09 15:22:03

Order up some choc brownies to be delivered to your home forthwith.

Charged to your DH's card, of course.

Zalen Wed 26-Aug-09 15:37:26

Happy Birthday Fruitstick.

And please harrumph away, if you can't harrumph on your birthday when can you harrumph grin.

diddl Wed 26-Aug-09 15:40:17

Happy Birthday [hugs]

Geocentric Wed 26-Aug-09 15:42:09

Happy Birthday!!!

fruitstick Thu 27-Aug-09 21:56:03

I had a nice day in the end although
- my brother forgot it was my birthday despite emailing me and speaking to me on the phone. Came round in the evening after speaking to my nephew who reminded him angry

AND

my best friend also forgot. She doesn't live nearby but no card, no text message, nothing. angry angry

I think I need to care less about these things!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now