Talk

Advanced search

To have screamed down the phone at my dh......

(19 Posts)
snackattack Tue 25-Aug-09 18:58:53

I've had a C.R.A.P. day. We are trying to move house - we only have 6 weeks to get out and so far have nowhere to live. No rentals available near my dd's school and nowhere to buy. My dh decides to take a day off and play golf with his friends...nice.....leaving me with the two kids who have been a NIGHTMARE for the past couple of weeks and really need to go back to school. So in between ringing numerous agents, viewing two properties (no good), entertaining the kids who have fought like cat and dog and shopping for school shoes (WHICH MY DAUGHTER THEN LEFT ON THE BUS AAAAAHHH and wasted £26!!!), I have been in a terrible mood. Anyway, to top it all, I get a call from an agent who say there's a perfect property for rent in our chosen road - I dash round there and meet him - love it -BUT dh would be unhappy if I agreed to rent it without checking as it's way above budget. So, I call him on mobile which is switched off. I spend 3 hours ringing, ringing and ringing and finally he returns my calls - and I am MAD AS HELL because the house has already gone by the time he rings me and we missed out. I know I should have just taken it but I knew he'd be upset. So, I SHOUT down the phone at him telling him he is totally irresponsible, thoughtless, selfish idiot etc etc.. I realise I'm stressed but I was literally yelling at him. Slammed phone down on him and then yelled at the kids who were trying to kill one another again and now I feel SO WOUND UP, I actually feel sick! AIBU?

MichKit Tue 25-Aug-09 19:01:11

Oh you poor thing!!! You need to take a few deep breaths, put the kids to bed, and a tub of icecream.

Good luck with everything, I am sure things will turn out fine.

And you are certainly not BU!! I would have done the same in the circumstances.

HumphreyCobbler Tue 25-Aug-09 19:02:58

YANBU

I would be a wailing, screaming banshee.

Hope tomorrow goes better and you find a house.

Seuss Tue 25-Aug-09 19:05:54

YANBU - I would have been screaming long before that!

TheChilliMooseisOmnipotent Tue 25-Aug-09 19:06:05

Ring the bus company about the shoes as they may be in lost property.

becky7000 Tue 25-Aug-09 19:07:40

YANBU at all. You've had a crap day and DH could certainly have been more supportive. I have yelled down the phone at my DH before when things have got on top of me.

I really hope you find a house.

claricebeansmum Tue 25-Aug-09 19:07:47

I agree the shoes might be in lost property.

If the kids behaviour is manic and you need to make calls then this is the perfect time for "screen time"!

If you are responsible for finding somewhere to live then get your DH to give you limits on where, when and how much and then make the executive decision.

And I would have been pissed off too if I had had your day.

PfftTheMagicDragon Tue 25-Aug-09 19:13:57

If your DH can't be arsed to get his shit together and see the house, or answer your calls, or help you out, then just pick a house and tell him to sod off.

Tombliboobs Tue 25-Aug-09 19:15:03

TBH, I would have been a wailing screaming banshee (like your phrase humphreycobbler!) at the point your DH went for a day of Golf, leaving you to single handedly find somewhere to live, look after the children and go shopping.

You did well to refrain until the end of the day. grin

YANBU

armbow Tue 25-Aug-09 19:17:48

You should make DH do all the house hunting from now on - you found a great one - his fault you did not take it !

YANBU

ArizonaBarker Tue 25-Aug-09 19:23:43

You are far more patient than me.

bubblegumsupermum Tue 25-Aug-09 19:29:56

My DH wouldn't switch his phone off,......he knows I'm a nutter who has a lot of knives in the kitchen!! [physco emotion]

YANBU

RumourOfAHurricane Tue 25-Aug-09 19:30:42

Message withdrawn

worriedaboutbuses Tue 25-Aug-09 19:31:25

<<vibes>>

you are not being unreasonable at all, sounds like you need a good cry to feel better

and don't worry a better house will come.. six weeks is not such a short time.. I speak as a former landlord

you WILL find the right house

try to have a really nice bedtime with the children, then a long bath, do not accept any silences or huffiness as a result of the phone call, and then go to bed before 9pm

Mumcentreplus Tue 25-Aug-09 19:32:52

<<hugs>>

FabBakerGirlIsBack Tue 25-Aug-09 19:32:56

YANBU

He is being really unreasonable fucking off to play golf when you have this all going on.

Next time, take the house.

Ring the bus company. DS left his hat on a bus and we got it back. Got to be worth a call.

HerBeatitude Tue 25-Aug-09 19:41:09

Wow, what a tosser.

How can you make plans with people like that?

Surely he knows that sometimes, you have to say yes to a place really quickly? In which case, if he's not prepared to let you make the decision, he needs to be available to have input into the decision.

Amazingly crap behaviour, no wonder you are mad.

PfftTheMagicDragon Wed 26-Aug-09 10:54:21

shineon - when we looked at our last rental, we had to race(!) another potential tenant to the estate agent to get the house! So if someone before us had seen it, it would have been gone in less than 1 hour, let alone 3!

mumsiebumsie Wed 26-Aug-09 11:44:50

So sympathise - once I went to look at a newly built block of flats - 6 beautiful luxury flats in building. Got there at midday the day they went on the market for rental. They'd all gone by then! So yes properties can rent that quickly.

YANBU at all - I would have been livid.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now