Talk

Advanced search

Wrong size!

(6 Posts)
Kathrina Tue 25-Aug-09 16:45:46

I am so annoyed i bought my 3 yr old some white polo shirts for school age 3-4 on the wrapper and the hanger part i have taken them out today only to find they are massive and actually age 4-5 i have been to my local supermarket (no receipt) to ask if i could change them only to be told 'no' as i havent got my receipt but the supermarkets name is clear on the t-shirts and you can tell they have not been worn as they still have the crease marks in from the packaging. I only paid £2 for them but that is not the point it is their mistake. I went to another shop and purchased more white polo shirts this time the proper size and i am putting the others up for next yr.

gingernutlover Tue 25-Aug-09 17:00:29

oooh name and shame!

Who did you speak to at the store? Might be worth telephoning and speaking to the manager/supervisor.

cheesesarnie Tue 25-Aug-09 17:01:55

i agree.telphone them or go to website and email top dog.like you say the moneys not the point.

Kathrina Tue 25-Aug-09 17:08:52

I had a problem with them last yr as well. My dd was on holiday at the time (with grandparents) so i got her school trousers her size (she is tall for her age) and they had no tag on at all. I asked at the till if a note could be put on the bottom of the receipt saying that if i needed to bring them back. The cashier did. My daughter tried them on and surprise surprise they were too small. So i put them i a carrier bag with the receipt on top of my clean washing pile.

I took them back a few days later the woman took 1 look at them sniffed them and accused me of washing them. I pointed out the note but she dismissed it and said i would not get my money back. I asked to speak to the manager and they agreed that the trousers should not have been sold in the first place and gave me my money back. The other woman then said the trousers would have to go on as spoilt whatever that means! It is Asda by the way smile

yorkyporky Tue 25-Aug-09 20:56:01

By the time you wash them they'll be the right size anyway.

NightShoe Tue 25-Aug-09 20:58:37

yorkyporky is right, they will shrink to buggery anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now