Talk

Advanced search

to let ds (3) go out dressed like this...

(18 Posts)
deaconblue Tue 25-Aug-09 15:31:50

cowboy hat, knight's tunic, knight's sword, one gardening glove?

My sister was really embarrassed, didn't occur to me to tell him he couldn't wear such an odd mix. Just looked after his sword when he wanted to go into the playground.

deaconblue Tue 25-Aug-09 15:32:21

he did look like a crazed Michael Jackson fan with the gardening glove though tbh

moaningminniewhingesagain Tue 25-Aug-09 15:42:32

Sounds fine to me. DD loves choosing her own outfit now and then - usually ends up with a bizarre combo including a swimsuit, wellies, and knickers on headgrin

FlamingoBingo Tue 25-Aug-09 15:46:22

YANBU

Anyone who has a problem with it is daft.

I've taken my 2-yo dressing-refusnik out in a fairy dress many a time - better than just a nappy!

pjmama Tue 25-Aug-09 15:56:58

My friend's DS regularly goes out in his sister's fairy outfit! If he's happy, who are we to judge? grin

raffyandted Tue 25-Aug-09 16:16:11

Love the 'crazed michael jackson' gardening glove though, gave me a giggle. Yanbu, most people know what little kids are like and will just smile or laugh.

Ever since seeing a cartoon version of Ivanhoe my 3 year old likes to wear a knights tabard, my leather belt wrapped round his waist twice to stick the sword in, and his blankie tied loosely round his neck as his 'cape'. He will add his wellies on the wrong feet to go out in.

allaboutme Tue 25-Aug-09 16:30:56

I've always loved seeing lil uns out dressed madly.
I'm gutted that my DS (nearly 4) hates dressing up with a passion and has no interest in what he wears at all

PinkTulips Tue 25-Aug-09 16:36:11

y'all ain't seen nothing til you've seen my ds1 wearing a pink fairy dress, witches hat, sportacus googles and more beaded necklaces than drag queen at mardi gras grin

one gardening glove would seem relatively normal in comparison

Pikelit Tue 25-Aug-09 16:39:43

N At All U. Boy clearly has a splendid sense of style and was, after all, actually clothed!

Unlike the day that dc (then aged 4 and 3) managed to arrive at the corner shop, stark nekkid except for sandals and monster masks to announce their arrival as "See us, Mr Patel? We is the Vicious Brothers".

Shellseeker Tue 25-Aug-09 16:40:05

I think it's great! It's taken me too long to just let my 3 be who they want to be & dress however the fancy takes them, but I know now I've chilled out, they're far more confident. Good on you and your fab sounding ds!

gorionine Tue 25-Aug-09 16:40:22

Nothing wrong with an odd mix at that age!

I have to be very strict on DD4 with regard to clothing though! If she was left to choose well...

...she would never wear anygrin. She will be 3 in a couple of month bess her!

MmeLindt Tue 25-Aug-09 16:42:51

LOLOL at the Vicious Brothers. What did poor Mr Patel say to that?

Your sister sounds like a bit of a killjoy, Shoppingbags. What is wrong with a bit of dressing up?

gorionine Tue 25-Aug-09 16:47:28

I forgot DD4 also wears swimming goggles and her brother's bycicle helmet when sitting on her pushchair! It has become so "normal" to me that I do not even pay atttion to it anymore!

gorionine Tue 25-Aug-09 16:48:00

bicycle! doh!

oldraver Tue 25-Aug-09 16:51:30

My DS has walked arounf Sainsburys in a fairy outfit. I founf out later he only wanted the wand and was disappointed he couldn't disappear me hmm

He has also done the MJ thing this week with just pants on and a cream glove I had found tidying up

msrisotto Tue 25-Aug-09 16:52:25

I love to see little ones all dressed up, brightens up my day!

deaconblue Wed 26-Aug-09 13:19:00

I think my sister thinks ds is weird in a variety of ways and the costume penchant is just one of them. Her ds used to wear a spiderman costume at that age but wasn't allowed to wear it outside. when my ds was 2 he wore his pirate hat all day and all night, it was only removed for baths! Am happy we at least get some variety in his choices nowadays. Is currently lounging on sofa in full police costume

kitbit Wed 26-Aug-09 13:24:00

Absolutely fine by me too! If they don't experiment how are kids going to find their own style? I wish I could break free sometimes instead of being constrained by the usual adult thing of "can't wear that with that the colours don't go". humph. Not going out today so am wearing bizarre cosy mix of comfies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now