Talk

Advanced search

ro be PISSED OFF with this shoe shop behaviour

(119 Posts)
PitysSake Tue 25-Aug-09 13:45:01

ok so shop hEAVING.
mum comes in with a huge rucksack and then gets out every shoe her two kids own. battered old trainers, school shoes, even brings sprots socks for kids to try
then get the kids to try on every shit pair of shoes to get the assistant to say if they need new ones

this is NOT degree level science lady, you feel the toes and work it out. These people are not higher beings they are shoes shop assistants.

Meanwheil the rest of us were waiting and wiating.

THEN some annoying muj let her 2 year old walk SLOWLY down the stairs holding up one mum who was calling for a kid she htought had done a runner and me and another guy who wanted to get downstairs AT SOME POINT

Overmydeadbody Tue 25-Aug-09 13:47:15

So it's not the shoe shop you're pissed off with, but the idiots who think she fitting is a science?

YANBU

PitysSake Tue 25-Aug-09 13:47:40

yes its the Genral public of course.
they anoy me every day

SmallShips Tue 25-Aug-09 13:47:42

Never encountered it fortunately, who the hell has the time and energy to go through all that?

Bad morning was it? grin

thighsmadeofcheddar Tue 25-Aug-09 13:47:44

did the lady buy any? i'd be massively narked if no.

claricebeansmum Tue 25-Aug-09 13:48:29

Don't - it is hideous.

We were in an absolutely heaving children's shoe shop the other week. One woman with two children gets the children's feet measured and then wanders around the shop with children whilst they muse over what styles of shoe they like - one child needed school shoes and the other did not. So small shop, we all have to squeeze out of the way whilst the shop assistant stands there waiting. And it was a leisurely muse - browsing almost. Nearly screamed!

PitysSake Tue 25-Aug-09 13:48:38

oh i had lost the will to live
we grabbed the shoes adn ran.
it takes us about 5 mins

"this is ds, he watns those shoes, please fetch them dear lady and with nairy a tarry"

thisisyesterday Tue 25-Aug-09 13:48:50

uh, yeh you are beung unreasonable

Rachmumoftwo Tue 25-Aug-09 13:49:09

Sounds hellish- I hate shoe shopping with kids too.

PitysSake Tue 25-Aug-09 13:49:20

oh yes clarice
when they agonise over a 1 year olds colour choice

BUY THE FUCKING SHOES YOU INDULGENT TWAT

i mutter

PitysSake Tue 25-Aug-09 13:50:01

tHERE WERe at least 20 families wiating.

and a man in ill advised orange crocs

MadreInglese Tue 25-Aug-09 13:50:02

Asked the assistant if her kids needed new shoes?

Eh?

thisisyesterday Tue 25-Aug-09 13:51:22

well sorry, but i think this woman is entitled to have her kids shoes checked to see if they still fit if she wants to.

just as much as people have the right to ponder over shoe colour/style if they want to.

if you don't like it, and you're such experts in shoe fitting then why not just buy online and do it yourself? then you wouldn't have to be in the shop at all.

PitysSake Tue 25-Aug-09 13:51:29

thats it

and what they -- should-- have for tea

PitysSake Tue 25-Aug-09 13:52:06

5 pairs for two kids at peak time?
oh yes siree
i am not an expert htat i can do it without shoe sin fornt of me
bvut fgs feel the toes ask the kids

claricebeansmum Tue 25-Aug-09 13:52:53

Don't get me started on that - indulging children. Another child in front of us in the queue had had some shoes ordered for him, they were fitted and then he decided that he didn't like them - they were just bog standard school shoes and so mum says well he can't have them if he does not like them! FGS why not? He's 5. These are not Jimmy Choo's. These are bog standard black school shoes.

squeaver Tue 25-Aug-09 13:52:57

Walked past Russell & Bromley this morning with a smug "I went to Clarks last week" look on my face.

It looked like the 7th circle of hell in there.

Shoe shop assistants deserve nurse-style acclaim.

PitysSake Tue 25-Aug-09 13:53:39

R and b assitants always have their tits out ime

hocuspontas Tue 25-Aug-09 13:53:47

I think the only thing that us mums-who-leave-shoe-buying-until-the-last-possible-minute need to do is to suggest to the managers that they employ more staff during August. I find it amazing that there is only one qualified shoe-fitter at this busy time.

I haven't even been yet, so I don't know if there are going to be any shoes left shock

PrincessToadstool Tue 25-Aug-09 13:54:44

Don't go at peak time then?

I think you are really angry with yourself. There, there.

claricebeansmum Tue 25-Aug-09 13:54:50

This is yesterday - but why not - whilst waiting - ponder over the styles and colours you like - and then when measured suggest these to assistant who will fit or advise on alternatives?

PitysSake Tue 25-Aug-09 13:54:58

the paranoia that all kids have feet like flippers arfter 6 weeks is also funny
you dont feel the same form Jan to march do you?

MadreInglese Tue 25-Aug-09 13:55:15

It has never crossed my mind to get DD's shoes checked for outgrowth in a shop - it's easy, when her toes poke through the holes I go and buy bigger ones wink

PitysSake Tue 25-Aug-09 13:55:36

oh no i am not angry
i am ranting, the rantlock key is frimly on
its nice to rant
her and her fucking RUCKSACK

PitysSake Tue 25-Aug-09 13:56:17

as on threads passim hte English obsession wiht mlaformed feet and kids is hilarious
you dont get this abroad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now