Talk

Advanced search

To throw a wet nappy at DP's head when he comes home?

(7 Posts)
Hopefully Tue 25-Aug-09 10:04:25

Or am I being completely PFB?

DS is 1 in a few weeks. DP and I had agreed in a quiet, grandparents only party (and our respective siblings), as both our parents are divorced and remarried, so inviting all of them and our siblings fills our 2-up-2-down house. We're hoping to go to the park, but will be stuck inside if it rains.

I have just discovered that DP 'accidentally' invited his aunt, uncle, cousin, cousin's husband and niece to the party when he bumped into them recently. I don't know them desperately well, and if we were inviting these kinds of relative, I would have invited my own aunts/uncles etc (although god knows where we would have put them). I also don't desperately get on with them, but I'm trying to gloss over that.

I can't tell him to uninvite them, because however he phrases it it will be clear that I don't want them there, and I don't want to look like a bitch.

But now I can't have DS's first party the way I want! <<stamps foot>>

So, can I throw a wet nappy at DP?

I dont think you should through things....

But, chill out - he wants his family there, yes he is a prat for not talking to you about it, sod it - just enjoy your DS's birthday and forget about them all

*throw not through

Meglet Tue 25-Aug-09 10:09:38

Throw the nappy and get him to organise a pre-made buffet from somewhere nice (m+s?) so you don't have to faff about. We had about 20 people in our tiny house for ds's 1st birthday and it was a nightmare.

Hopefully Tue 25-Aug-09 10:26:16

I know I have to do that OnlyWants, but I don't want to. <<grumpy>>

Like the idea of making him pay for M&S buffet though... Maybe M&S buffet, with nothing but a wet nappy for him to snack on throughout the day.

shaninemb Tue 25-Aug-09 17:03:10

or all go out for a meal, invite everyone and tell them they can come if they pay for themselves

Morloth Tue 25-Aug-09 17:06:03

Yeah, go out for a meal - telling everyone a head of time that it is a pay for yourself thing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now