Talk

Advanced search

to consider cancelling flaky friend or does that make me just as bad as her?

(14 Posts)
Flyonthewindscreen Tue 25-Aug-09 09:08:40

Have plans to meet old friend from the village we used to live in and her DCs. We get on very well but she is a bit flaky and prone to changing/cancelling plans. We usually only meet occasionally in school hols now.

She was supposed to be coming to lunch today but phoned yesterday has family visiting in morning now and can't get here til after lunch. I see possible chance of her cancelling because too late to come, probable chance of her getting here late and having a quick chat and coffee before she has to go.

It is a fab day here, DH could take afternoon off and we could grab what might be the last chance of the school hols to take DC to beach together. I am usually a totally reliable, stick to arrangements, don't let people down type but in this instance would IBU to dump nice but flaky friend for beach with DH and DC?

MarquesDeLeon Tue 25-Aug-09 09:12:58

No contest - have a lovely day out. x (Talking from experience here).

bubblagirl Tue 25-Aug-09 09:17:35

i would go to the beach

brummiemummie Tue 25-Aug-09 09:22:27

No YANBU, I would go to the beach. If she is always cancelling on you then she can hardly complain if you do it once.

Tommy Tue 25-Aug-09 09:24:10

I would go to the beach too. Why don't you suggest she meets you there later - then, even if she doesn't come, you will at least have made a compromise.

TheCrackFox Tue 25-Aug-09 09:28:29

Go to the beach.

envy

I live in Edinburgh and the DCs have gone back to school. Ir pretty much rained the entire holidays but is sunny today. hmm Wish I was going to the beach.

KIMItheThreadSlayer Tue 25-Aug-09 09:35:00

BEACH BEACH BEACH BEACH
Family wins hands down over flakey friend

GossipMonger Tue 25-Aug-09 09:35:43

After waiting for 2 hours last week for my flaky friend to turn up (I have learnt to get her to meet me at my house so I can get on with stuff! Am often left in the park on my own for hours!) and the boys got in a terrible strop as she eventually didnt turn up and tried to change the plans, GO TO THE BEACH!

I do like my friend when I see her but

1) She is ALWAYS late. Kids are 11,8 and 5

2) She NEVER says sorry.

3) It sends my blood pressure soaring

4) I am an on time sort of person and would at least have the decency to text to say I will be late

5) Nearly a whole day was wasted when we had arranged to go the river with a picnic and feed the horses and we didnt do any of it!!

angry

Have now changed tactics and send her texts saying what we are doing and she is welcome to join us.

Flyonthewindscreen Tue 25-Aug-09 10:00:14

MN jury has spoken! I will summon courage to call nice-but-flaky...

Pikelit Tue 25-Aug-09 11:14:15

Am hoping you don't get the chance to read this right now because you'll be blissfully beaching it!

junglist1 Tue 25-Aug-09 11:32:15

Can't you just let her turn up after you've gone out (mmwaaahaaahaaa)

Curiousmama Tue 25-Aug-09 11:36:24

grin junglist1 I'd say the same but she'd have kids in tow?

Hope you all have a lovely day smile

junglist1 Tue 25-Aug-09 11:38:19

Oh yeah. Dammit. Next week invite her for a girly night in and then sod off out (mmwaaahaaahaaa)

Mumcentreplus Tue 25-Aug-09 11:50:22

hmm bit evil..definantely the beach...but has your friend been any different in the past?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now