Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To snort at this?

(46 Posts)
NightShoe Tue 25-Aug-09 08:48:33

From the DM letters page....(yes I know I am unreasonable, but it is at work lying around)

The other day, while doing our weekly shop, I bought for my two children, Benjamin and Ofelia, a packet of Haribo Maoam confectionary. It was only after leaving the checkout that I noticed the appalling illustration on the packaging.

This consists of a lemon and lime locked in what appears to be a carnal encounter.....

I demanded to see the shop manager and during a heated exchange my wife became quite distressed and had to sit down in the car park....

I'm glad I spotted this before my young children, who are both very sensitive. My wife and I have always tried to maintain their innocence - and to think our years of careful parenting could have been wrecked by, of all things, a sweet wrapper.

grin

NightShoe Tue 25-Aug-09 08:49:58

In their defence, it does look like the lime is happily shagging the lemon on the wrapper.

ExtraFancy Tue 25-Aug-09 08:50:10

LOL! We noticed this a couple of years ago - that randy lemon is at it with all kinds of fruits...hmmm

Jackstini Tue 25-Aug-09 08:52:08

dd loves these but that pic has completely put me off!
Wierdly inappropriate for sweets but sure kids would not notice.
So no yanbu to snort!

coldasanewrazorblade Tue 25-Aug-09 08:54:30

grin

ninedragons Tue 25-Aug-09 09:10:14

Man, that cherry one is filthy.

screamingabdab Tue 25-Aug-09 09:42:08

The lime is having double-dips with the cherry twins. Now that is what I call fruity

screamingabdab Tue 25-Aug-09 09:43:02

BTW. I think that letter might be a piss-take from a Mnetter

YANBU ^snorts^

BalloonSlayer Tue 25-Aug-09 09:51:37

OMG! I have never noticed. I am laughing so hard tears I am shedding tears. I do hope the DCS don't ask me what I am laughing at.

BalloonSlayer Tue 25-Aug-09 09:52:11

blush at supernumary "tears"

stoppingat3 Tue 25-Aug-09 09:56:36

That has brightened up my morning, I have never noticed and I LOVE these sweets!
YANBU but I do think we should all write in support! Get a Mailpaign going!

NightShoe Tue 25-Aug-09 10:01:03

Do you know what screamingabdad, that absolutely crossed my mind, which made me snort all the more at a DM troll grin

TigerFeet Tue 25-Aug-09 10:02:57

lolol

it can't be for real, surely? Do people actually swoon in supermarkets due to dodgy fruity behaviour on sweet wrappers? Or call their daughters Ofelia???

screamingabdab Tue 25-Aug-09 10:08:22

Tigerfeet : I know .... and it's spelt Ophelia

TigerFeet Tue 25-Aug-09 10:12:33

That's what bugged me screamingabdab... I have no issue with the name per se (although imvho it is uber poncey) but to spell it with an f....

This is why I don't tend to wander onto baby name threads too often grin

NightShoe Tue 25-Aug-09 10:30:07

What I want to know is if this troll person said "Benjamin! Ofelia! Would you like some confectionery?"

or if at home he says

"Darling, do you fancy a carnal encounter?"

skyblu Tue 25-Aug-09 10:42:55

OMG...

I've never noticed, and nor has my DS or my DSD's.....

We're obvioulsy too busy ripping the wrappers off the shove them in our gobs to actually look at the wrappers!!

PMSL though....

BunnyLebowski Tue 25-Aug-09 11:21:18

Haha those wrappers are positively filthy!

But scremaingadab and tigerfeet? Ofelia is the totally legitimate and quite popular Spanish version of Ophelia.

Morloth Tue 25-Aug-09 11:30:43

"I demanded to see the shop manager and during a heated exchange my wife became quite distressed and had to sit down in the car park...."

This made me laugh. I have walked off and left DH to a good complain/rant.

Those packets are pretty funny.

Amapoleon Tue 25-Aug-09 11:33:11

Hahaha!

jybay Tue 25-Aug-09 11:34:51

Has to be a wind up - surely?!

I am obviously very innocent because I thought of the lime and lemon as children tickling each other. Shows how much I know.

Hulababy Tue 25-Aug-09 11:38:09

OMG; have never noticed those wrappers before. Old lemon is definitely having a good time with the other fruit!

bratley Tue 25-Aug-09 11:40:44

What would they expect the manager to do? He/She surely had nothing to do with choosing the images on the sweets!?

I'm going with the 'its a mumsnetter' idea.

Think we should take turns sending similar letters each week!

MrsChemist Tue 25-Aug-09 11:50:11

I'm not advocating trolling, but I would feel so proud if I managed to successfully troll a newspaper.

We had all the filty maoam stuck up on the wall at work for a while. Simple things grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now