Talk

Advanced search

to rather go hungry than eat this dinner?

(24 Posts)
LetThemEatCake Mon 24-Aug-09 20:54:12

have been running the contents of the cupboards down, making and freezing lots of meals in prep for arrival of dc3 in a few weeks' time. Fed the children decently tonight (pasta with broccoli, broad beans and pesto) and have baked lemon chicken with potatoes for dh (working late) which will feed the kids tomorrow night.

BUT I have all weird food requirements - veggie, wheat-free, blah blah - and realised too late that there is nowt for me to eat. Have tried to fashion some kind of meal out of rice noodles, tinned tuna, broccoli and broad beans but even smothered with sweet chilli sauce it is so bleugh that I'd rather eat nothing.

WWYD?

rasputin Mon 24-Aug-09 20:56:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

dawntigga Mon 24-Aug-09 20:56:40

Eat the biscuits I have stashed away with a nice cup of tea

NotTerriblyPCTiggaxx

BikeRunSki Mon 24-Aug-09 20:58:00

Sounds OK actually, but I'll eat anything covered in sweet chilli sauce ! Hey, it's your food, your hunger. YANBU but I HATE wasted food.

LetThemEatCake Mon 24-Aug-09 20:58:20

oh if only I had some cake (wheat free, gluten free, egg free and dairy free of course!! Calorie-free also a bonus...)

nickschick Mon 24-Aug-09 20:58:28

you are pregnant and tired and hungry - is there anything 'fast' foody you fancy that your dh can bring you home?

what about a jacket potato - you must eat something...

shootfromthehip Mon 24-Aug-09 20:58:39

BIN... do you have any cereal?

LetThemEatCake Mon 24-Aug-09 20:59:44

I hate wasted food too. blush

I want raspberries. Smothered in greek yoghurt and honey.

TAFKAtheUrbanDryad Mon 24-Aug-09 21:00:09

I would order a takeaway.

curiositykilled Mon 24-Aug-09 21:01:02

order a takeaway.... and eat some cake.

AmazingBouncingFerret Mon 24-Aug-09 21:01:43

"hello dominos pizza, how can I help"

LetThemEatCake Mon 24-Aug-09 21:04:01

most takeaways off-limits ... it's the weird dietary stuff.

Annoying, as I'm from Australia where gluten-free pizza bases are on most menus ... but not here, sadly.

TAFKAtheUrbanDryad Mon 24-Aug-09 21:05:58

Wagamamas do gluten free, as do some Chinese places. Depends how cosmopolitan you are.

ninah Mon 24-Aug-09 21:06:05

sounds yummy to me

SolidGoldBrass Mon 24-Aug-09 21:06:21

Can you eat the potatoes you baked to serve to the DC tomorrow and bake them some more when they need them? Or are you unable to eat spuds, either?

LetThemEatCake Mon 24-Aug-09 21:11:54

spuds were cooked in the same pan as the chicken, so no go.

Ho hum. Will get him to swing by Sainso's on his way home and get me raspberries etc. Feel bad at waste, but happy mum surely = happy baby. And tinned tuna is so vile sometimes.

Does Wagas deliver?????!!! That's one to bear in mind

preciouslillywhite Mon 24-Aug-09 21:14:10

Ewww! have you made it already, or are you just visualising its repulsiveness?

If not, have stir fried brocolli and ginger with the noodles. chuck a load of chili flakes in it. Go on, knock yourself out wink

...then have the cake

Callisto Mon 24-Aug-09 21:23:39

You're veggie - why are you eating fish (especially endangered fish like tuna)?

LetThemEatCake Mon 24-Aug-09 21:27:47

yes, sorry, can't really call myself a proper veggie. No meat, no poultry. Was no fish but have reintroduced once or twice a week since getting pregnant. Likewise dairy - reintroduced yoghurt when I got pg.

Apologies.

ErikaMaye Mon 24-Aug-09 21:29:06

Send him to the shops to get raspberries - AND cake grin

Callisto Mon 24-Aug-09 21:29:29

I should think so wink.

LetThemEatCake Mon 24-Aug-09 21:32:04

But I will go back to my vegan ways when the baby is 6 weeks old, I promise!!!!

Fortunately though, I don't think it was endangered tuna - the tin doesn't say dolphin-friendly, so hopefully it's just one of them.

Lovesdogsandcats Mon 24-Aug-09 21:37:53

what about beans on toast, or cereal?

FourArms Mon 24-Aug-09 21:39:36

Pizza Hut will do a pizza on a GF base if you take one in with you. No cheaper though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now